Manchester to Blackpool Night Ride 29-30th September 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gez73

Veteran
I hope to have a CC jersey by then but have a CC buff anyway. Weather was drizzly last year but not windy so ok. We could arrange a meet up at Barton Square anyway. The reality is probably that we're all different in terms of ability and what we'd like to do on the ride but I'll be on a Kona Dew with a rack and all-in -one bag/panniers. Will avoid a rucksack as I have been of late on my commute. Like all things bring as much or slightly more than you think you'll need. I'd be looking at about 4 hours at a steady 15mph or thereabouts. Don't wear a bladder as there are three stops on the route and if it's not very warm you'll be ok. I'll have a bottle or two on the bike. Has anyone got their number yet? Curious as to how many might do it this year. Was about the 600 mark first year but expect it to be higher this time. Plenty of time to arrange things. I'm not raising money this time so not sure if I'll bother to register. Would rather sponsor someone else with the money than spend it on the registration fee. (Still have last years number anyway and would just have to avoid the person wearing that same number :smile: )

Gez73

Veteran
IMAG0340.jpg

Gez73

Veteran
It was just the right side of cool last year. I had a Polaris pack-a mack and shorts on. Overshoes too of course. Cooler on the coast but not too bad.

No one fancied the knee warmer idea then? Not a prob' though as i've just ordered a SS CycleChat top:hyper:

I'll still be using my Altura Jersey as an outer layer for the ride but will be identifiable as a CCer at either end. Make sure you say hello!:hello:

Gez73

Veteran
I'll just do a base layer and hopefully a CC short sleeved top if they've arrived by then?.Will keep the packable mac in the bag if I don't need it. Shorts too of course and something packed to stay warm on the seafront. I have an Altura jacket but it's quite warm for all but the coldest days.

DTD

Veteran
Will be doing it – did the day time one last year, wasn't feeling great this year so gave it a miss.

Hi, I have entered into this this year. Does anyone have recommendations on what bike to use? I intend to use a MTB with road tyres - is this a bad, good or novice idea?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hi, I have entered into this this year. Does anyone have recommendations on what bike to use? I intend to use a MTB with road tyres - is this a bad, good or novice idea?

There will be all types (probably). I'm using a road bike, but that's because I'm riding back as well.

An MTB with road tyres should be fine.

There will be all types (probably). I'm using a road bike, but that's because I'm riding back as well.

An MTB with road tyres should be fine.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it now, I'm a little apprehensive as I'm on my own - but that said I think it will be better that way so I can go at my own pace. I'm just waiting on my welcome pack now...

Any suggestions on a good set of lights for the bike?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Not sure about lights - I've got a Cree light for the MTB which I'll swap over, plus a couple of other back-ups.

Any suggestions on a good breakfast cafe in Blackpool near the finish which could be used as a meeting point would be good for a) CC'ers doing the ride and b) for those of us riding back to Manchester.

Top Bottom