Map Mileage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tel

Veteran
Until I sort a computer is there a map online where I can mark out a route and it will calculate the distance? I know I can use route master or google map to do a here to there calculation but I generally ride "round the block".

There's plenty, I use www.bikely.com

Globalti

Legendary Member
There's an easier way: just open your OS map and follow the route counting EVERY blue grid line you cross, even if you cross and re-cross in a few yards. Then halve the number. That's the miles. It's more accurate the further you go.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I just compared mapmyride to the one I found, and it has the advantage of not needing to plot every twist and turn in the road, but... I can't plot in the York Selby bikepath, which I could on the other, just by drawing a line across apparently bare countryside... It makes a bit of a difference, because of having to cross the river...

Arch said:
I just compared mapmyride to the one I found, and it has the advantage of not needing to plot every twist and turn in the road, but... I can't plot in the York Selby bikepath, which I could on the other, just by drawing a line across apparently bare countryside... It makes a bit of a difference, because of having to cross the river...
That interesting I'll have to check it out later :biggrin: bikely has the auto follow roads option (you don't have to plot every twist too) but its not great for cycle paths. I've got to switch the auto follow road off and switch to satellite view and plot every twist of the cycle path.

Top Bottom