May I be the first to wish you all a

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
very Merry Christmas.

I got my first Christmas card yesterday and so, filled with the season's cheer, I thought I'd share it with you all.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

dudi

And to you PaulB.
A merry christmas and a happy new year!

I'm shocked every year by the shops and business around here starting christmas earlier and earlier... last year they all magically traded in their "back to school" shop displays for christmas ones as soon as the kids had actually gone back to school.

I prefered it when I was a kid and the first whiff you got of christmas was when mum made the christmas cake on bonfire night.

Ahhhhhh, "come on everyone - we all have to stir the cake"

I wish it was the 80/90s again.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
PaulB said:
very Merry Christmas.

I got my first Christmas card yesterday and so, filled with the season's cheer, I thought I'd share it with you all.

Just fancy a Creme Egg.....

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
PaulB said:
very Merry Christmas.

I recall seeing Xmas cards and Xmas trimmings on prominent display in a supermarket in Cornwall one August. Blew my mind.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
I once kept a Christmas tree up in my livingroom for a year.

Yeah, but what's the point of taking it down? You've only got to put it up again next Christmas. Save yourself a job abd do what you did I say.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Thanks for the reminder, I must put the sprouts on. Humbug:cry:

yenrod

asterix said:
C'mon you miserable lot, don't you know there's a recession on? Just pretend it's nearly Xmas and Spend for Victory!

...[tentative] excuse me - could i borrow your (credit) card please..., pretty please !

Mr Pig

PaulB said:
Yeah, but what's the point of taking it down? You've only got to put it up again next Christmas.

That's how it happened. I was living myself and was too lazy to take the tree down. After a few weeks people were commenting on it and I decided, stuff it, I'm going to keep it up 'till next Christmas.

After the following Christmas it was down sharpish, I was sick looking at it! ;0)

I refuse to wish anyone Merry Christmas in August. Not getting a summer for the third year running is bad enough!

tordis

Went to Harrods for a nice cup of hot chocolate yesterday and, to my horror, found their Christmas department open. In August. Seriously, why close it at all? ;)

Top Bottom