May I be the first to wish you all a

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yenrod said:
F*** **F

:biggrin:

I feel quite a few will echo my 'comments' there...

;)

Well said Yenners.

just jim

Makes sense to me - get all your shopping done by September, sit back and have a good chortle at all those mugs who left their shopping till early November.:smile:

Mr Pig said:
That's how it happened. I was living myself and was too lazy to take the tree down. After a few weeks people were commenting on it and I decided, stuff it, I'm going to keep it up 'till next Christmas.

After the following Christmas it was down sharpish, I was sick looking at it! ;0)

I refuse to wish anyone Merry Christmas in August. Not getting a summer for the third year running is bad enough!

We only sort of take our tree down... our artificial (but rather nice) tree goes into the loft erected with branches carefully folded in each year while it passes through the hatch, then gets unfolded again up in the loft and a big plastic bag goes over it to keep the dust off. Then it's a simple matter of lowering it back through the hatch next Christmas and lettling the branches drop back into position. Just the lights and decorations to put back on - no faffing about straightening branches, twisting them into shape etc.

As for not getting a summer... I get the feeling this is what summer is going to be like from now on! :biggrin: :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
just jim said:
........and have a good chortle at all those mugs who left their shopping till early November.:smile:

Early November? Far too early! Can't beat the post-purchase euphoria of a stress filled 24th December. :biggrin:

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
vernon said:
Early November? Far too early! Can't beat the post-purchase euphoria of a stress filled 24th December. :smile:

24th December sounds pretty organised to me. I like to leave it until as late as possible when the shops discount massively on stuff they ain't gonna be able to sell come Boxing Day. Only trouble is, one year I'll be struck down with flu or something on Chrimbo Eve and everyone will be disappointed with the tat I can find in our cupboards that look vaguely "new" they're going to get.

bennytheegg

PaulB said:
Yeah, but what's the point of taking it down? You've only got to put it up again next Christmas. Save yourself a job abd do what you did I say.

just jim said:
Makes sense to me - get all your shopping done by September, sit back and have a good chortle at all those mugs who left their shopping till early November.:thumbsup:

To save money: book a holiday over the festive period. When you come back, the January sales are on. Sorted.

Top Bottom