Meanwhile in Portugal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
In the Volta ao Algarve... Contador takes the title in impressive style in both mountains and time-trial, and David Millar comes in a very creditable 10th, and interestingly enough, not really because of his TT but because of a good overall performance.

Keith Oates

Janner
I think Contador will be the man again this year and seeing the clip of Armstrong doing the TT in the TOC indicated to me that he has a lot of work to do to get back to his old form, if at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kennykool

Portion up the season???? Who is Bertie????

are you saying that Brunyeel will let different riders go for different prizes??

Just been looking at the Asatana web site and they have 3 or 4 boys who could be team leaders in ANY other team. Must be tough to manage - especially when they have the best rider in the world at the moment too.....No not Lance.....Alberto!!! :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
kennykool said:
Who is Bertie????
Alberto.
are you saying that Brunyeel will let different riders go for different prizes??

Just been looking at the Asatana web site and they have 3 or 4 boys who could be team leaders in ANY other team. Must be tough to manage - especially when they have the best rider in the world at the moment too.....No not Lance.....Alberto!!! :biggrin:
That's just the thing, I think. With so many possible GC contenders, and two or three big names to accommodate, Bruyneel will have to decide who is riding for whom at some point, and there could well be some horse trading going on for the big prizes of the season (imo).

kennykool

Whatever happens tho - he's gonna have to let Alberto go for it in the Grand Tours....I would love to see him win all 3. I mean is that even possible??????

That would surely make "bertie" one of the greatest riders of all time no?

Top Bottom