Met Office have issued a Yellow Snow Warning for tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
A whole new thread, just for this joke?

:okay:
Well, you couldn't resist :laugh:

I thought we might have got some amusing yellow snow-related anecdotes. Or any other sort of adulterated snow, for that matter.

I do not have any, sadly, as I heeded the warnings.

I'm toying with the idea of not using the bike to commute tomorrow if we do get some, not because I'm concerned that the roads won't be clear but because, inevitably, lots of little scrotes find it amusing to ping snowballs at me when I have a 68 bus (or whatever) up me chuff.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
yeh dave
maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 58

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, you couldn't resist :laugh:

I thought we might have got some amusing yellow snow-related anecdotes. Or any other sort of adulterated snow, for that matter.

I do not have any, sadly, as I heeded the warnings.

I'm toying with the idea of not using the bike to commute tomorrow if we do get some, not because I'm concerned that the roads won't be clear but because, inevitably, lots of little scrotes find it amusing to ping snowballs at me when I have a 68 bus (or whatever) up me chuff.
Sounds painful !

D

Deleted member 1258

My first ride of the year has been scheduled for tomorrow.:sad:

Rain stopped play. Got up looked at the forecast and reached for the car keys. A couple of miles before the cafe the rain started and hasn't stopped since. This is the first year in living memory where I've got this far into January without putting a few hundred miles under the wheels.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
[rant alert]
These met office warnings that show up when I consult the BBC weather forecast usually annoy me no end.
Gales - fair enough
Flooding - fine (well, not fine for the floodees, but sensible to warn of the possibilities)

Chance of icy patches on the roads - IT'S WINTER FFS!!
Fog patches likely - JOLLY GOOD - I usually drive around with my eyes shut so a fog warning is very useful.
Snow - the last one I read was that there MAY be a little snow and it is possible (although UNLIKELY) that it might stick.

AARRRGHH!

[and breathe....]

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Rain stopped play. Got up looked at the forecast and reached for the car keys. A couple of miles before the cafe the rain started and hasn't stopped since. This is the first year in living memory where I've got this far into January without putting a few hundred miles under the wheels.
To be fair on you, Dave, having a serious heart problem at the end of last year does give you a reasonable excuse! :okay:

D

Deleted member 1258

To be fair on you, Dave, having a serious heart problem at the end of last year does give you a reasonable excuse! :okay:

I know. What makes it annoying is that what brought me to a standstill was a dose of the lurgie, without that I would have done my first ride on new year's day. It's that that's been keeping me off the bike and it's that that is disrupting my rehab.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I know. What makes it annoying is that what brought me to a standstill was a dose of the lurgie, without that I would have done my first ride on new year's day. It's that that's been keeping me off the bike and it's that that is disrupting my rehab.
Well, I hope that you are free of the bug soon!

I had my best ever December on the bike (529 miles) but here we are on the 12th January and I have only done 2 rides totalling 23 miles so far this year! I should be getting a metric century in on Saturday and will just have to try to carry on from there.

Don't make excuses for him. Young, highly motivated and ambitious cyclists don't do excuses.
After that 105 year old French cyclist breaking*** the relevant world hour record recently, I think we can all call ourselves 'young'! :laugh:

*** strictly speaking, he created the record since nobody that old had ever officially had a go before.

PS As for the 'Yellow snow warning' - ha ha, great (juvenile) minds think alike! :okay:

Oxo

Guru
After that 105 year old French cyclist breaking*** the relevant world hour record recently, I think we can all call ourselves 'young'! :laugh:
I like you approach, but the highly motivated, ambitious bit is never going to work for me.

Top Bottom