Metallica

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Have been in the wilderness for a quite a few years and probably had Bob Rock on board far too long, Load and Re-Load would have made one good album if cherry picked then there was St Anger off target overweight pompous.

Death Magnetic has the Four Horsemen returning to their roots, My Apocalypse
certainly indicates this fast frantic and just listen to that snare . My initial reaction is its a faster crisper Justice for All.

Dayvo

just passin' through
Nothing else matters!

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Uncle Mort I fear that you may be right after promising much and releasing some very interesting teasers the new single is now on The Tube.

Tis a lost cause does not know what it wants to be sounding like the Unforgiven with touches of Dyers Eve, a mellowed out Jaimz and a solo nicked from Maiden me thinks.

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Are you not needed back in tea.

papercorn2000

What was the name of the "Rockumentary" they made a few years back? "Some kind of Monster"? IIRC.

Pure Spinal Tap!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Metallica as good as invented Thrash metal and inspired many great bands

they are legends, and the strength of their back catalogue means they deserve respect!

"Take a look to the sky just before you die, it's the last time you will!!!!"

zimzum42

Legendary Member
tdr1nka said:
They were just never the same without Cliff. :smile:
i can see the reasoning behind this, and it's arguably true, but post Cliff they wrote 'One', which has to be one of the most stunning metal songs ever written

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwW9L_qzqp8

Their biggest mistake was getting the napster thing so horribly wrong IMO....

Not sure which is more disappointing, Metallica's or Iron Maiden's demise...?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Both, really.:smile:

'Building A Monster' was(probably unintentionally)an incredibly funny film, as with the Napster farce they showed they have a rather sorry lack of humour.

IMO they lost the plot after the black album and the album with Michael Nyman and the SFO was utterly awful.

But yes, the creators of thrash while being heavily influenced by British bands, nothing wrong with their pedigree but prone to repeating themselves these days!

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
They may have been paying too much attention to Deathstars name, logo and song titles ('Cyanide') though.

Top Bottom