Mmm, Yummy...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Today, whilst out for a short 20 mile blast I swallowed my first airborne insect of the season, I'm no entymologist insect expert or Know anything about flying bugs, so don't ask me what it was, didn't taste too good though.;)

oxbob

Just think of the protein

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I had a giant bee fly into my leg but fortunately it sort-of bounced off and I carried on. A good reason for wearing lycra rather than loose shorts on a recumbent - you kind of scoop air up to your thighs with the angle at which you sit.

TVC

I too had my first mouthful of midge (checks spelling) last week. It's always a dilemma, do you spend ages trying to dislodge it from the back of your mouth with your tongue, or just think of England and swallow.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ah, you beat me to it! I forgot to start a thead last week aboout consuming my first airborne insect whilst cycling... in-flight refuelling!

betty swollocks

large member
Many years ago I had a spate of getting stung by insects while cycling.
One one occasion, a stinging thing got wedged in my ear and I had to resort to crushing it in my ear and then hoiking out the bits with a little finger.
Another time, one went down by throat and really went to town. Coughing and hacking would not bring it up, so in the end, I had to gulp and gulp and take several slugs from my water bottle until it went down. Result: very swollen thoat and neck and inability to speak for an afternoon. When I got home, I bolted down some hayfever pills and then ate a whole tub of Haagen Daczs (sp?) choc chip.
Both times I was wearing a bright yellow Cannondale cycling top. I reckon they were attracted to me because I looked like a Buttercup.
The top went in the bin!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
betty swollocks said:
, I had to gulp and gulp and take several slugs from my water bottle until it went down. !

Bloody hell, how did they get in there? I thought the odd fly was bad enoughxx(

Top Bottom