England : Cheshire Mow Cop Castle anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
1. Including lunch, and assuming the killer mile takes a bit of time, 7-8 hours, though I daresay we'd be quicker on the day. The route would also include a cut through a bridleway crossing the River Dane, which I've done on 28mm slicks and have done rougher on my 23mm's, but that people might prefer to walk, which is about 10-15 minutes.
2. Mapmyride says the total elevation is 0.0m, so there goes that estimate! I've done pretty much all the route except the climb before and none of it is particularly taxing hills-wise.
3. Noted on the hill race issue. Like I said, not really thought of dates or owt yet, it's still a fantasy!

Where is this? I know the area pretty well. Plenty of diversions surely?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A numerical answer would be 2000 ft I suspect.

A verbal answer would be "flat, flat, flat, flat, OMFG FECK FECK OMFG (falls off bike)"

Or, flat, flat, flat, gets to bottom, WTF is that up there, start climb, this is OK, harder, a bit harder, take it steady, feck, feck, you've got to be kidding, sheet, double sheet, thankgod,still moving !

Ajay

Veteran
A "relaxed group ride up Mow Cop" is indeed a fantasy, lol!!!
That's me in the avatar pushing 17st up it, a real chain-stretcher!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Cyclist33 is taking over Colin's mantle :whistle:
Ha ha - someone has to - the only scenery I'm getting to see these days is on TV or in glossy magazines! :wacko: (<<<< a 'stir-crazy' ColinJ)

Having said that, I am already busy preparing for the 2013 cycling season ... I'm not well enough to get fit yet, so I'm taking the opportunity to get skinny again ready for when I am! :thumbsup: (23 pounds down, about 27-30 to go!)

Steve H

Large Member
Yeh ! :wacko: Mow Cop looks worse than it actually is - the 100 metres past the Cheshire View pub looks vertical. It's only 25% :laugh:

I dragged my 17 stone up it this year on the Cheshire Cat sportive. I hit a brand new MaxHR on the steepest part. For me, the secret was going extremely steadily from the beginning of the killer mile. There were loads of riders pushing too hard, too early, who all ended up walking. Reminded me of the tortoise and the hare fable.

I'd be up for this ride if the timing works out ok.

Top Bottom