Mudguards for Cannondale Synapse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daisyj

Über Member
Could anyone suggest mudguards that would fit a Cannondale Synapse Sora 2016? It has no mounts for guards and has rim brakes. Thanks.
IMG_20170506_154355.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
A friend of mine has race blades on hers, they do rub a little I believe but got to be better than the awful cruds. Get your LBS to supply and fit

OP
OP
daisyj

daisyj

Über Member
A friend of mine has race blades on hers, they do rub a little I believe but got to be better than the awful cruds. Get your LBS to supply and fit
Thanks, I was looking for an alternative to cruds so will check out the race blades.

Senior67

I have a men's Cannondale Synapse sora fitted with SKS mudguards that are fitted where the brakes fit on the frame and then stays either side fitted near the quick release on each side of the wheel which are very stable and close fitting to wheel, but means that they are not quickly removable. If this is what you are looking for let me know and I will dig out the model for you, and a pic of them fitted.

OP
OP
daisyj

daisyj

Über Member
I have a men's Cannondale Synapse sora fitted with SKS mudguards that are fitted where the brakes fit on the frame and then stays either side fitted near the quick release on each side of the wheel which are very stable and close fitting to wheel, but means that they are not quickly removable. If this is what you are looking for let me know and I will dig out the model for you, and a pic of them fitted.
That sounds an ideal setup for me, I wouldn't be looking to remove then very often, thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine is a 48.
Definitely get them fitted by shop. Evans should cost no more than online

Jenkins

Legendary Member
These would be the SKS Raceblade Longs - I've used these for a few years and they're brilliant. Available at most places for example...

Wiggle

Senior67

[QUO, TE="daisyj, post: 4790998, member: 44195"]That sounds an ideal setup for me, I wouldn't be looking to remove then very often, thanks.[/QUOTE]
Okay, I am going for a ride early on Sunday when I get back I will take some photos and sort the part number of the mudguards for you.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I used Cruds, not sure I would use them again as I had to use a hot air gun to get them to the right shape. Nothing fell off and they barely rubbed though.

OP
OP
daisyj

daisyj

Über Member
[QUO, TE="daisyj, post: 4790998, member: 44195"]That sounds an ideal setup for me, I wouldn't be looking to remove then very often, thanks.
Okay, I am going for a ride early on Sunday when I get back I will take some photos and sort the part number of the mudguards for you.[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much.

Senior67

The ones fitted to my cannondale are SKS Bluemels road mudguard set which I had fitted when I bought the bike they are ridged plastic, close fitting to the wheel, and don't rattle, and give good water protection, but as I said before are not for someone who wants to take them off regularly as they are fitted to the brake mounting on frame. I leave mine on all year.
Have them fitted at your LBS as they are fitted to the size of your tyre mine are 700 x 25c. Hope this is helpful to you.
DSCF0411.JPG
DSCF0412.JPG DSCF0413.JPG DSCF0414.JPG

Top Bottom