Mudguards for road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray316

Über Member
I have a board man road bike and l’ve now had enough of getting my pants and back wet when it’s been raining and roads are still wet .
So l’m looking to install some mudguards but which are the best for a road bike full or short guards and where is the best place to get them at a reasonable cheap side of prices..

T4tomo

Legendary Member
if you have mudguard mounts, then get proper long mudguards.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a board man road bike and l’ve now had enough of getting my pants and back wet when it’s been raining and roads are still wet .
So l’m looking to install some mudguards but which are the best for a road bike full or short guards and where is the best place to get them at a reasonable cheap side of prices..
Full if you can, not on,y for your benefit but any other cyclist who happens to be behind you!
Find which will fit and then Google for the best price.
Personally, if going for full fixed guards, if you’re not handy and/or blessed with time, get your LBS to fit (I paid £15 for fitting recently for guards I got for a bargain tenner from Planet X)

Reactions: C R

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Any, just don’t buy anything like this :smile:
1638436312447.jpeg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nothing, if you still want a wet arse and back. :laugh:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
The short ones just don’t work!
If you have clearance then you need full length guards.
Post a photo or a link to your bike and you’ll get more exact advice.

OP
OP
R

ray316

Über Member
The short ones just don’t work!
If you have clearance then you need full length guards.
Post a photo or a link to your bike and you’ll get more exact advice.
I was just about to do this as looking at my bike l don’t know where the mudguards would be attached to at the top and bottom..
1ADF0A2D-39FD-4430-93D3-8D450B2F170A.jpeg

OP
OP
R

ray316

Über Member
Also can l ask how l put a foot stand on this bike as l bought one the other day and there is no bottom bracket hole the clamp the stand to . This is the stand l bought ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 10

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Is that a clamp type? That looks like a carbon frame so unless you want to damage it steer clear of that kind of stand, plus there's no clearance anyway

In fact the only one that would work is one that clamps to the chain stay, again unadvisable for carbon. Anyone else knows of a suitable type?

Last edited:
Top Bottom