Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's another bright, sunny and very chilly start to the day. The first coffee of the day has just been finished and as I'm up and about, I may just as well head to Snetterton as it won't cost me anything other than a couple of gallons of diesel.
Breakfast first though.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Overcast sky with high cloud but very weak sunshine getting through and no wind.
Really must get out on my trike today and hopefully the road should not be too bad with traffic as it is not too appealing to head to the west coast beach at Calgary given the forecast of no or very little sunshine.
A second ferry is being put on the Lochaline/Fishnish route next week as Calmac are pushing for more traffic to go that way and the music festival is next weekend. Lots of motorhomes appear then and they take up a lot of ferry space.
Personally I detest that route after using it for years but the touroid are in raptures about how wonderful it is. Frees up space on the route I want so I do not discourage them from thinking this way.

MikeG

Guru
You're not making the glass for the windows!

Toughened glass is gonna cost more. Double glazed windows, to keep the heat in/the cold out?

Safety glazing* is a requirement of the building regulations (in doors, and windows with glazing within 800mm of the floor). Yes, it's double glazed. The house is triple glazed, but this is an unheated external space so it's mainly for condensation control, and a slightly more stable internal temperature. It doesn't have to be particularly efficient.

*This can be toughened, laminated, small panes (leaded lights etc), or reinforced (Georgian wired glass, for instance).

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm in Oughtibridge for a bike race. It's :cold:

PXL_20240421_085628997.jpg

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Don't get me wrong, I sympathise with you. Been in similar situations at work, which is why I said only if you get caught. They'll let you carry on as you are, until summat bigger goes wrong then say you never told them.

No-one likes being stopped, but you don't stop them, and ask them questions, you're the one in the wrong.

I can concur with that, although I am now on motor route and not console . When I get back to work, maybe next week, maybe this one.

Top Bottom