Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
The Patient likes to follow the POL inquiry.

Today we have the clash of two members of the King's Counsel. Not sure who is winning at the moment. I think it may be Jason Beer KC by 3.30pm.

Fascinating discussion of semantics, but now they need some lunch.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Why do I need to log in here every time now?

Car brakes have a slight vibration when slowing from speed so it is getting picked up on Monday morning for a check. Probably discs a bit warped after my last high speed run from Oban to Lochaline. They are working ok but I cannot tolerate faults and expect everything to work as it should so probably new discs and pads but no decision until Monday.
Head mechanic says modern brake discs are rubbish and do not last as long as the older ones.

Sat down at the marina for a bit watching the activity and interested to note that" trips round the bay "seems to be still in business with a relatively small number of passengers.
Not having a boat now I really miss not being out on the water and may have a return passenger trip to Kilchoan just to get out for a bit.

Reynard

Guru
It's turned into a lovely warm sunny day here chez Casa Reynard, with the merest hint of a breeze.

Slept well - apart from the interruption at stupid-o-clock by my phone ringing. It came up as a private number, so the hell I was going to pick it up. I get a load of calls and messages for the previous owner of this particular number, so I just block them as they come. Took me a while to drop off back to sleep.

Did have a lovely morning though, walking around the community orchard and the local nature reserve with a friend and her dogs. It's the first time I've been in there since mid October, as you've needed chest waders to deal with the mud. It was lovely out there, and real t-shirt weather.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon and I has a hungry.

Gwylan

Veteran

MikeG

Guru
Oh god, god, god......

I've just sat through hours (it felt like weeks) of a meeting with a solicitor on wills, trusts, inheritance tax, care-fees law, powers of attorney..........oh god. I lost the will to live after 10 minutes. I then sat in an hour long traffic jam in getting home, which culminated in taking a shortcut which was closed and sent me 20 minutes further back in the queue. Oh god.........

I would rather have gone for a 50 mile ride without a saddle.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Have you got the "Log in Automatically/ Keep Me Logged in" box ticked? I'm not going to go and look up the exact wording because I'll have to log out to see it, and I don't want the same issue you've got.^_^

Normally yes it is aways ticked but somehow it seems to have cancelled itself. Now reticked so hopefully back to normal.

tom73

Guru
1st outing of the year for my old Yorkshire cricket jumper when I played for the county at cricket board level.
It's a bit baggy now so wear it round house and pottering about outside on late sunny evenings.
It just warm enough to take the edge off and still enjoy the evening.

Mike_P

Guru
Covid jab side effect of a sore top of the arm. Bathroom shaver light packed in again last time so decided it was time to buy a new one.
Screwfix more expensive than Toolstation but far better rated so tried to order twice on the laptop a good few hours apart only to get an error message. Tried it on the mobile and no problems. So another variant on an Aldi trek coming up.
Had a fish pie mix to use up but it's too warm for a fish pie so a grilled topped omelette after first poaching the fish pie mix in 50/50 milk and water.

Top Bottom