My 3 year old has cancer, and what I'm going to do about it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

Big Jim

Just an update on William.

He is still at home and hasn't spiked any fevers for ages now. He still cannot walk, but is able to eat more as time progresses + the fact he is still home is a good sign that things are going in the right direction.

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

Just a picture from earlier. He's just started walking with a chair and I think he looks pretty well (all considered) in this photo.
AwJ1F3SCQAEVjdz.jpg

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

Just an update on William.
He had another check up yesterday at the Marsden and they've upped his steroids a little bit. He definately has low level Graft Verses Host Disease (a nasty itchy rash), but this is good as hopefully it's a sign that he is also experiencing Graft Verses Leukaemia affect (or tumour in the USA).

We just need to keep an eye on things and hope he doesn't get Viral or too bad GVHD.

Sorry Jim, only just seen this thread, as a parent myself I can well imagine the hellish emotional rollercoaster you and Mrs Big Jim must've been on, especially as you'd trade places with your child in a heartbeat to end their suffering, but it's looking very positive from the latest photographs. I'll get a text donation sent off a.s.a.p. and good luck with the ride.

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

Sorry Jim, only just seen this thread, as a parent myself I can well imagine the hellish emotional rollercoaster you and Mrs Big Jim must've been on, especially as you'd trade places with your child in a heartbeat to end their suffering, but it's looking very positive from the latest photographs. I'll get a text donation sent off a.s.a.p. and good luck with the ride.

Thank you Browser. that's good of you. :smile:

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

Here's a picture from today. He's a little bit coldy, so we're hoping he'll be ok. It was his sisters idea to put the glasses on, but they were laughing loads

Managed a bit of training today. 32 miles - 20 of which was off road. not too bad considering I haven't been able to do much whilst WIlliam was in hospital. Hopefully this is a good start.

AwoLkuDCIAARjb_.jpg

rusky

CC Addict
He's looking much better, there's colour in his lips & cheeks. Give him a big hug from us :thumbsup:

Where did you ride? I mapped out this route when I was thinking of taking the long way to work. but it doesn't really matter where you start from as it's a loop.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/79393557/

OP
OP
B

Big Jim

He's looking much better, there's colour in his lips & cheeks. Give him a big hug from us :thumbsup:

Where did you ride? I mapped out this route when I was thinking of taking the long way to work. but it doesn't really matter where you start from as it's a loop.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/79393557/
I cycled to the Holland and Barret in WOrthing, but was against the wind big time along the coast. Totally flew back (literally it felt).

When I got back, decided a trip to Swains in Henfield to get some fresh veg and fruit, so went up there on the Down's link. Considering I was on the cheapy Carrea subway and had the panniers full of veg on the way back, it felt pretty good. Have to admit I was tired when I got back. I don't think I tool enough fluids on board and my Hay Fever was terrible having cycled in the country. still it's a start.

Nice route. I must admit I avoid roads whenever possible, try to go on cycle paths or offroad

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Only just saw this thread Big Jim, my hopes are with William and good luck on the ride! Just text donated and will spread the word.

Love to you all.

Top Bottom