My flat tyre caused by a bird seed and 'totalised' BMW experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ye gods, I've just realised. The picture above, our Accy...

In a T SHIRT!

With hair as well!! :ohmy:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That BMW is a right off. A full body is required, plus all the ancillary damage.

We have currently 4 JRs 🐶🐶🐶🐶

JR's are now the official 'Royal dog'!:becool::notworthy:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...l-royal-dog-her-majesty-platinum-jubilee-char

My mum and dad had two Corgis from the late 1950's till the late 1970's.

Here's the first one, photographed in the mid 1960's.

nc_ohc=5gXSxcMramQAX-0-K_H&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

You hardly see Corgis these days. I can't think of a better breed of dog than JR's to take over the role as official Royal dog!!

nc_ohc=KsJwR7MDjicAX8TA_y1&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought a foot pump from Halfords today. It cost £12.99 for a double barrel one and £7.99 for the single barrel one, so I bought the double one. I asked about the electric ones. The bloke I asked said he has an electric one, but they sell more manual ones than battery ones. There's something about battery/plug into car thingies that I just don't trust. I think there's less of a fail chance with something manual that electrical. I'll now be able to top up my tyre pressure at ease, instead of having to do it in a rushed 5 minutes with those petrol station 50p a go air pumps. Last Sunday the one I used was playing up, as in the supposedly visible gauge wasn't working and to make matters worse the lazy git behind the station's till said he couldn't blow my tyres up for me as he quote...had a bad back. :rolleyes: Anyway, I now have peace of mind with this contraption in the boot of my car and I can not only top up my 4 tyres at ease, but I can also inflate the spare one which must be well below the recommended pressure, as it hasn't been inflated in the year that I've had the car and was probably last topped up way before I bought the car.

nc_ohc=V4ziDeYKPm8AX8iBb7L&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is that long yellow thing a track pump Accy? Looks like one, have you tried it on your car tires?

Yes, it is a track pump. Are you the poster who suggested 'up thread' that I should try one to inflate my car tyres? Well, I put it in my boot and tried it today. The thingy that goes on the tyre valve didn't fit, as in it was too big. Mind you it was peeing down at the time of trying, so maybe I wasn't that keen on getting it right. It's not a problem as the car foot pump wasn't a great expense and it'll fit in my small boot better than that long track pump. :okay:

Edit...plus i half tried it while a mile or so from home and I thought that if the attempt to blow my tyres up resulted in one of them rapidly deflating I'd be in a bit of lumber.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Somebody told me the other week that you can drive a car with a totally deflated/flat tyre and it won't harm the tyre IF you drive very slowly. I'm sure I've tried that way in the past and the tyre, after reinflating was all cracked at the side.🤔

notmyrealnamebutclose

Yes, it is a track pump. Are you the poster who suggested 'up thread' that I should try one to inflate my car tyres? Well, I put it in my boot and tried it today. The thingy that goes on the tyre valve didn't fit, as in it was too big. Mind you it was peeing down at the time of trying, so maybe I wasn't that keen on getting it right. It's not a problem as the car foot pump wasn't a great expense and it'll fit in my small boot better than that long track pump. :okay:

Edit...plus i half tried it while a mile or so from home and I thought that if the attempt to blow my tyres up resulted in one of them rapidly deflating I'd be in a bit of lumber.

Okay but be careful you don't ruin your fancy footwear on that new foot pump :ohmy:
I've a track pump and am going to try pumping my scooter tyre up to pressure can't see why it won't as tyre pressure around 30 psi
iirc which is considerably less than my bike tyres. Valve's on scoot are schrader, same as bike so not sure will be a problem.

Did you pull the lever down all the way to lock on to your valve when you tried it :pump:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They was pulling your plonker Accy. You'll get off the carriageway if you're slow and careful, but much more than that will spell doom for a tyre, doom I tells ya!

The only time I tried it was when some @#~ts knifed two of my tyres, when I'd parked up on a dodgy estate near to Accy Stanley's ground, about 4 years ago. I slowly drove my car to a nearby tyre place knowing the damage had already been done, so it didn't matter.

Last edited:

Jody

Stubborn git
Somebody told me the other week that you can drive a car with a totally deflated/flat tyre and it won't harm the tyre IF you drive very slowly. I'm sure I've tried that way in the past and the tyre, after reinflating was all cracked at the side.🤔

Your tyres have to be run flats to drive without air

tyred

Legendary Member
A track pump should pump up car tyres. I have done so many times, albeit the 165x70r13s on my 205. Most modern cars have much bigger tyres so it could take a long time.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
You can't normally pump a car tyre if the bead has broken free off the wheel. Same as for tubeless bike tyres - it needs a big rush of air to seat it and form the initial seal.

I did manage to seat a tubeless lawnmower tyre with a foot pump once, but it was tiny.

Top Bottom