My GT Transeo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SKoob

Hi all,
Just thought I'd share with you my Transeo in its current carnation. Have replaced pretty much all but the frame, stem, saddle and bars.
Current changes are:
Salsa CroMo Suspension corrected fork to save some weight as never used the front suspension
SKS Longboards
Shimano Alfine 8 Hub with 18t sprocket
Shimano Alfine Tensioner
Shimano Alfine Crankset with 45t chain ring
Ritchey comp ergo bar ends
Avid BB7 brakes with Speed Dial levers

Makes for a comfortable low maintenance all weather commuter, just waiting on some Schwalbe Marathon winters to finish it off till spring :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Nice job.

Assuming there's clearance, you could route the chain above the tensioner wheel - the higher line would keep the chain cleaner.

OP
OP
SKoob

SKoob

Nice job.

Assuming there's clearance, you could route the chain above the tensioner wheel - the higher line would keep the chain cleaner.
I tried that to begin with but unfortunately I can't get enough tension with it that way round, did look better though :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I tried that to begin with but unfortunately I can't get enough tension with it that way round, did look better though :smile:

Never mind, while I agree it would look better, it looks fine as it is.

I see you are running 18t/45t, does that give a low enough first gear for climbs?

My Alfine 11 has the same ratio bottom gear (I think), and first is a bit too high running 23t/46t.

Top Bottom