My house mate has swine flu..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Davywalnuts

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
marinyork said:
You will probably know by Friday. Incidentally so far I've been unable to pass it on to anybody else, which might demonstrate that I've been careful enough or that quite a few people have a bit of immunity.

Really? Eeek... She's just back from Bulgaria so not seen her yet... hope I wont too till next week too, she should be clear by then! Quite interesting that one then...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Davywalnuts said:
Really? Eeek... She's just back from Bulgaria so not seen her yet... hope I wont too till next week too, she should be clear by then! Quite interesting that one then...

Well if you're not seeing them for a good while, I wouldn't worry that much. I've no idea how long the time you can pass it on is, I started displaying clear symptoms last Tuesday and think it'll be another 2 or 3 days until I'm better, not to take humour out of your thread :wacko: I'm sure you'll be fine.

She's not a womble is she Davy? Ask if she has an uncle...
Get well soon both - just don't sneeze down my road! :sad:

(I would have thought that the germs from the kebabvan would see off anything that swine flu has to offer anyway! :wacko: )

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I thought someone who was going on FNRs was very fond of pigs, you must beware Aperitif.

I was going to go to GBBR in London and was even thinking of a London ride, so I know I'm missing out.

OP
OP
Davywalnuts

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
She's not a womble is she Davy? Ask if she has an uncle...
Get well soon both - just don't sneeze down my road! :smile:

(I would have thought that the germs from the kebabvan would see off anything that swine flu has to offer anyway! :tongue: )

Wished her a speedy recovery and a good luck to me in avoiding it..

I've consulted my Donor Man, and he reckons extra chill sauce will fend away anything!! :biggrin::biggrin:

TVC

I've had it and so's my wife. I picked it up staying at an airport hotel in Manchester for several days, all those mucky Glaswegians staying over on their way to Costa Cheapo with their overly extended families :tongue:

jeltz

Veteran
My wife has/had it for a 10 days but no body else in the family has yet contracted it, she works for a GP surgery and has returned to work as apparently she is no longer contagious, just has a cough and sore throat left but that may be a secondary infection.

We've not been paranoid about hygiene, but make sure she sneezes into tissues and bins them, wash hands etc. and there is no guarantee you'll get it.

FWIW apparently its been like a really nasty cold but not as bad seasonal flu.

Top Bottom