My new Planet X Ti Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Hi all,

I've had this bike for about 2 weeks, but a business trip shortly after buying it meant I had to delay building it. Anyway, here it is, it's a quality ride, now I know what people mean when they describe the 'magic carpet' ride qualities of Ti frames!

PlanetxTisportive.jpg

iLB

Hello there
its so light its floating :smile:

real nice bike you've got there :smile:

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Ta :smile: Looking forward to getting out tomorrow on it, just did a quick 25 miler today to suss out where the bars, saddle, stem etc should be adjusted to.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
it just doesn't look right to me, send it down and I'll sort out some nice big pedals, butterfly bars a rack and get the bars up nice and high. If you're not happy with the results I'll take it off your hands for £5....can't say fairer than that...tis the season and all that

yenrod

At least you've proper gears on it - none of this camp something or other :becool:

:biggrin:

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Hehe, thanks for the laughs, goes well with my night in the boozer tonight :becool:
Out tomorrow for a proper christening, now that I have the bars and seat adjusted nearer to their perfect setting!

Is it a 58cm dodgy?
Maybe post a 'picklist' too - every time I look into PX website, lots of stuff is out of stock etc. - did you need to adjust your choice at all? How long did you wait from order to rubbing hands together over new toy?
I want one you see...:becool:

longers

Legendary Member
Nice indeed and it looks like my size.

If you're ever passing my front door I'd love a test ride to see how Ti feels.
I can leave the house as a deposit.

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Aperitif said:
Is it a 58cm dodgy?
Maybe post a 'picklist' too - every time I look into PX website, lots of stuff is out of stock etc. - did you need to adjust your choice at all? How long did you wait from order to rubbing hands together over new toy?
I want one you see...:laugh:

It's what Planet X call a XL, which is a 56cm. Stock levels of certain components can be tricky, but Planet X are extremely communicative and responsive, just email them and you'll get a reply in minutes (I got replies on Sunday!). They had run out of Ultegra chainsets when I was looking so they offered a Carbon FSA chainset instead. I upgraded to the Dura Ace model and there were no stock problems with Dura Ace.
It took about 10 business days from ordering to it arriving, once it dispatches you get it next day as they use a courier called 'DPD'.
I tried to buy my bike without wheels as I really wanted some Mavic Open Pro ceramics, but that's not an option - you have to buy the complete bike on the package deals, so I'll keep the Model B wheels (they're actually pretty good) and upgrade to ceramics some other time.
I had planned to go out today for a long ride but last night got involved in a bit of a binge in the local with some friends (go on, just one more mate!). The new bike motivated me to at least put my cycling gear on but my head was banging and as I stepped outside I slipped on a patch of frost - that was enough for me to go back in :cheers: Got plenty of time to ride the new bike in December as I have to use my remaining leave up!

OP
OP
D

dodgy

longers said:
Nice indeed and it looks like my size.

If you're ever passing my front door I'd love a test ride to see how Ti feels.
I can leave the house as a deposit.

hehe, don't know where you live but I'm fine about people taking a look at the bike :laugh:

Top Bottom