My new toy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisz

Über Member
Got it all together today and went for a ride - lovely ;):biggrin:

Dscf7029.jpg

Young Un

Nice looking bike - not sure about the gusset though between the down tube and top tube at the headtube - looks a bit big and chunky compared ot the rest of the bike.

Steve

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

Über Member
Young Un said:
Nice looking bike - not sure about the gusset though between the down tube and top tube at the headtube - looks a bit big and chunky compared ot the rest of the bike.

Steve

Not a 'gusset' :blush: - it's a monococque frame - fits in nicely with the huge downtube :biggrin:

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

Über Member
WindyRob said:
Flippin' 'eck that's a long way down from the seat to the handlebars!! The bikes on the tour don't seem that aggressive....

Windy

The bars are actually higher than on my last frame - very comfy ride but the low front does provide me with some 'entertaining' neck aches on very long rides :biggrin:

Now my old low-pro set-up was aggressive - 650c front wheel, short steerer tube, almost upright curvy seat tube - felt like you were about to go over the handlebars every time you braked :blush:

KenJames653LoPro.jpg

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

Über Member
LOL - I know what you mean - it's a lovely, chunky frame in the flesh - it looks too dark in the photo so I need to wait for some sunshine to get some better pics that show off the colour better :blush:

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

Über Member
60cm (I suffer from cranial/bipedal displacement disorder - my head is a long way away from my feet) :blush:

Radius

SHREDDER
Good lord. How nice. that must have cost a mint. Recession? What recession?
What model is it btw?
EDIT: Does that say 'Orca' at the seat tube / top tube intersection!? AHA! No, it says 'Onix'! :angry: So not quite as much as I thought, but still, nice ride ;)

Top Bottom