My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEyles

Guru
The pic was taken close to Thorverton, a little way North of Exeter. There are some lovely lanes around there to take the old Roadster out on - you can very easily imagine yourself back in the 1950s :smile: You can't beat Devon for cycling - beautiful countryside and plenty of variety. I'll miss it if we have to move!

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
Ah, near my sister's neck of the woods, Copplestone to the west. Last time I came through that way I went more southerly; Exmouth then Dartmoor. The northern area of the Exe is on the wishlist! Fab cycling as you said, every climb is always rewarded with another great view.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Riding North up the Exe valley from Exeter up to Dulverton and then into Exmoor is a lovely ride, if you get the chance I'd recommend it. I'm lucky enough to be doing a day's work out over Copplestone way on Friday (just north of Whiddon Down), will be a nice commute in :smile:

Idoru

There used to be just a cafe at the top with a gravel car park, and the whole top littered with people's names spelled in stones.

There's this one at the top of the Orme if that's what you meant (from the same day)
WP_20150608_13_27_42_Pro.jpg

There's this one at the top of the Orme if that's what you meant (from the same day) View attachment 92449

That's the one :okay:
It's been a lot of years since I was there last.

Top Bottom