My school riding pal has died.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saddle bum

Über Member
Tough one, that.

yenrod

Rigid Raider said:
Please say a prayer or just spare a thought for Andy Arnold, my school pal from when we were both 14 and my cycling buddy during those early years of torn trousers, oily hands, Raleigh roadsters and rod brakes. Andy collapsed a week ago with a brain haemorrhage and they have just switched off the life support machine. One happy note is that some deserving folks will be getting his lungs, kidneys, heart and liver.

Andy was an all-round good bloke, hospital DJ and source of wacky jokes: his repertoire of funny noises and quips was so enormous that we called him Mr Fisher-Price. He leaves a wife and a daughter aged 28.

DAm what a bitch - real sad that man !

All the best ~ respects!

wafflycat

Flying_Monkey said:
Very sorry. I also learnt of the unexpected death of someone I know today. It's never easy.

Condolences to you too, FM

LLB

Sad news RR :evil:

RIP Andy Arnold

We had a lady come around to my firm every day with a sandwich van for at least the 10 years I've been there, and she passed away in the same way about 2 weeks ago (funeral was last thursday) - she was only 42, and really bubbly happy soul who always had a smile and cheer for everyone she dealt with. Life just isn't fair sometimes - it does play on your mind :blush:

longers

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear about these losses, condolences to all friends and families :evil:.

Friends were round this weekend and a colleague of theirs has passed away in very similar circumstances last week too. Mid thirties :blush:.

betty swollocks

large member
So sorry to read this sad news. How completely devastating to his family and friends. My thoughts are with them and you.
Regards.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well thanks for all your kind wishes, what pleasant folks you are when you're not arguing! I wouldn't normally bleat about something like this in public but he was a keen cyclist and I had been travelling for 24 hours and was stuck at Schipol for yet another 5 hours feeling tired and missing home.

Top Bottom