My strangest cargo yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Yesterday I bought a bunny.
I've wanted one for a while and this was the cutest I'd seen in ages, and he really did want to come home with me.
So I paid, and as I was on my bike I said I'd be back in an hour to pick him up. The plan being take the bike home, walk back, carry said bunny home in a box.
"We could probably find a box that we could fasten to your bike" suggests the girl.
Hmm, I think about this, and decide I don't actually have time to go home, come back - and it is raining. Good idea.
But I'm not too keen on the idea of cycling with a rabbit so I figured I'd push the bike, balance the box and that would be that. Only that proved quite tricky.
So I popped to see the lads who run my fave coffee shop to see if they have a bungee or some string. They didn't. But they did think the men in the vacuum shop next door would have some. They didn't - but they did think tape would work just as well, until I pointed out there was a rabbit in the box. Then it all got a bit weird.
There was some concern about animal welfare and visits from the RSPCA, so I pointed out that people quite happily put animals in the boots of cars, and this was the same thing. They couldn't argue with that.
So bunny was in his box, and his box was taped to the bike rack and we set off. Although I was still a bit uncomfortable about riding so I walked -but then it rained, a lot, so off we pedalled.
And we did get home in one piece.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
bike-bike-rabbit-cute-outdoor-rabbit-Favim.com-114229_large.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I wouldn't want a hare in my soup.
Dont suppose you'd mind a rabbit in your pie though.

Top Bottom