My thing....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonk man

27ymsm9.jpg
[/IMG]

In Boxing Day time trial mode.....I managed 18 mph on this over a slightly undulating course..... I still feel ill:biggrin:

Se7enUK

wicked ;)

OP
OP
bonk man

bonk man

No Se7enUK.... it is not wicked .. it is evil:laugh:

I was going to use it tomorrow for the Worcester St Johns reliability ride but there is a nasty noise coming from its nether regions and don't want to risk getting stuck 20 miles from home with a busted Moulton:sad:... I will have a look at it later if I get a chance but it sounds bad... worse than normal:tongue:

OP
OP
bonk man

bonk man

No more creaking it was the rack mount moving about... so it will get thrashed tomorrow.... I have just changed the 4 speed shifter as the other one was playing up, no 1st gear:ohmy: I will need it tomorrow..I believe the route takes us up Stamford Bank.... very unpleasant in a hilly way:smile:

roadiewill...... what do you mean "ew" ?

OP
OP
bonk man

bonk man

Yeh that was from the boxing day 10 at Worcester, the guy behind is our club champion, he was about to catch me for a minute .... after 2.5 miles:biggrin:

This is a pic from todays reliability ride
eg5s39.jpg
[/IMG]
just before the really nasty climb started.. I wasn't totally last and beat some carbon bikes [ well one,,, ] a few alloy machines and an old steel touring hack:tongue:

OP
OP
bonk man

bonk man

ilovebikes said:
wow, thats truly impressive, do you have any other bikes or is that it?

:sad::biggrin::biggrin:...... yeh but I chose to be silly...
I have various race bikes of various materials, a TCR, Van Nich Amazon, Holdsworth touring iron, Dale MTB, low pro fixed and geared,, etc etc etc but I much prefer to be eccentric if possible.
My fixed lo pro is an old steel one and a work of art so will post a pic when it comes out of hibernation..
Not sure how much sillier I can get with the bikes for reliabilities, next year maybe a 1940s racer if I can get one at the right price.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Love the 'toot toot' horn lol.
I can imagine those you beat must have been smarting a little at the sight of your bike.

atb

ianrauk said:
Love the 'toot toot' horn lol.
I can imagine those you beat must have been smarting a little at the sight of your bike.
Because it's a small wheeled bike, or because it's wrapped in tinsel?

OP
OP
bonk man

bonk man

I did the Welsh 12 hour tt on it last season and wasn't last, 199 miles...

It has now been resprayed and has some trick lightweight bits to go on it .. alloy wheels including the front with a DT Swiss radial hub :biggrin: , medium ratio 3 speed Sturmey and better brakes etc.. I will be racing on it as much as possible this coming season, just to see the looks on folks faces:smile: Probably will get the weight down to 25lbs so ok for time trialling on. Money permitting I might get some carbon tri bars:laugh::blush::blush::blush::biggrin:

Just been given a Mk 3 that will be used for Audaxing and club rides.. Moultons are pretty addictive.. Crap in the snow though. .:tongue:

Top Bottom