My winter fixed Dunelt is ready

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just finished converting this Dunelt returns to a fixed gear ready for my 2019 winter road bike fleet .

IMG_20190827_060808027.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ver noice!

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not, I repeat not, by taking your feet off the pedals.

Spin as fast as you can, and apply some gentle brakes if your legs are running away from you.

I will admit that I did take my feet of the pedals at one point but then had to wait till almost stopping before re engaging them .

Fit a freewheel and enjoy the free ride down. That’s what I did with my fixie , a chance to relax and enjoy the scenery! Lol

No I am detirmined to going fixed for my winter rides

southcoast

Über Member
No I am detirmined to going fixed for my winter rides[/QUOTE]

Yes why not give it a try, you might enjoy it. :smile:
The bike I recently converted was always fixed since it was made in 1970. Short wheelbase no mudguard eyes. So I assume it was a time trial bike.

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

The bike I recently converted was always fixed since it was made in 1970. Short wheelbase no mudguard eyes. So I assume it was a time trial bike.[/QUOTE]

I am considering converting this one next F R Russell as another member of the winter fleet

southcoast

Über Member
The bike I recently converted was always fixed since it was made in 1970. Short wheelbase no mudguard eyes. So I assume it was a time trial bike.

I am considering converting this one next F R Russell as another member of the winter fleet[/QUOTE]

Always liked the F R, I own a Dave Russell although that’s to good for winter duties.

D

Deleted member 1258

The bike I recently converted was always fixed since it was made in 1970. Short wheelbase no mudguard eyes. So I assume it was a time trial bike.[/QUOTE]

I've been riding fixed for winter for years, I also rode fixed for commuting before I retired, currently riding a Genesis Flyer. I put the geared bike away at the end of October, the weekend the clocks change, and ride fixed till the end of March, again the weekend the clocks change.

Top Bottom