N - 2 (soon -3) + 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike!

Guru
After realizing that my bike collection was getting out of hand I have spent the last 6 weeks or so buying and selling to try and create my fleet of 3 (I still have one to sell but almost there!!)

After selling the following;

Ribble Audax - Slightly to big for me
Argon 18 Radon - Main roadie, replaced with Merida Scultura 905
old Shed of a Specialized MTB
To sell - Sirrus Elite Disc which I got hold of to replace the Ribble but I'm just not loving it!

I now have the Merida mentioned above for my "nice" summer bike
A Cannondale Trail SL1 MTB for offroad and family rides

and......

The new arrival which is going to be my winter trainer / main commuter is below, got it for (what I think) is a bargain. Brand new Giant TCX for £405. I will be changing the tyres for more road going duties and fitting full mudgards but it only arrived today and after putting it together at Lunchtime I'm about to test it with the ride home! I'm also eying up replacing the cantilevers with mini v's but I will see how they perform before deciding

87A4EEB6-FF52-432A-ABAE-6F75FBF4F4EF_zpsjg0jst4b.jpg

young Ed

Veteran
After realizing that my bike collection was getting out of hand I have spent the last 6 weeks or so buying and selling to try and create my fleet of 3 (I still have one to sell but almost there!!)

After selling the following;

Ribble Audax - Slightly to big for me
Argon 18 Radon - Main roadie, replaced with Merida Scultura 905
old Shed of a Specialized MTB
To sell - Sirrus Elite Disc which I got hold of to replace the Ribble but I'm just not loving it!

I now have the Merida mentioned above for my "nice" summer bike
A Cannondale Trail SL1 MTB for offroad and family rides

and......

The new arrival which is going to be my winter trainer / main commuter is below, got it for (what I think) is a bargain. Brand new Giant TCX for £405. I will be changing the tyres for more road going duties and fitting full mudgards but it only arrived today and after putting it together at Lunchtime I'm about to test it with the ride home! I'm also eying up replacing the cantilevers with mini v's but I will see how they perform before deciding

87A4EEB6-FF52-432A-ABAE-6F75FBF4F4EF_zpsjg0jst4b.jpg
very nice! :biggrin: a bargain as well
how was it on the ride home?

now tell me what is the crankset, reaar and front mechs and the shifters?

why not give it a pair of ultegra brakes if you want new brakes?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-U...sure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item1e853e0c0a
(dura ace seem rather hard to come by?)
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Ride home was great, comfortable and faster than i thought with the 32c tyres, I'm actually considering keeping them on so i have a light trail option without having to do a tyre swap. The brakes also seem ok but will wait for a wet ride before deciding (Mini V are pretty much a straight swap and will allow the bigger clearances that the CX bike has remain for bigger tyres and mudguards)

I need to do a little fettling on the rear mech but otherwise happy so far.

It's low spec but that suits me fine for an everyday workhorse, cheaper to maintain! http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bikes/model/2013.giant.tcx.3/11842/56838/#specifications

lesley_x

Über Member
My TCX has been a fantastic bike, had it 6 months now and it just takes whatever you throw at it. Hope you enjoy!

Top Bottom