National Hill Climb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

And

Fun sponge
Hi all,

Just to let you know that this years National Cycling Hill Climb championship is being hosted by Matlock Cycling Club on Sunday 26 October, starting at 12 pm.

It’s a little bit different this year as the route will run up one of the town’s main thoroughfares, Bank Road (the main hill). The road will be closed (traffic free) enabling spectators to get close to the competitors.

Riders will be setting off at one minute intervals so the action will be non stop for over two hours. Like most sports, watching cycling in ‘real life’ is much more exciting than watching it on television so come along and give the competitors a big shout as they render themselves into jelly in about two minutes!

yenrod

Hill-Climbs are evil :biggrin:

yenrod

After many years - ive worked out how t ride hills - take it easy put it in an easy gear at the bottom 'coz you'll be in it, at the TOP :smile:

In my case the 42-25 combo. the bail out gear!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hmm.... after a full season of racing TT's...then your 'mates' say ride a Hill Climb TT..... horrible horrible experience.... yeh the climb is easy, but you hammer into it, and feel terribly sick getting out all your energy in 3-9 minutes - depending upon the climb.... really not nice...... great to watch though !!!!!

I used to do the Hill climbs in the area after a season.... nearly finished me off....

The road will be closed (traffic free) enabling spectators to get close to the competitors.

And in previous we haven't ? Shame on the RTTC for being killjoys !(sorry CTT !)

Was a good event - good job the weather cleared in the morning or it would have been a a very slippery affair.

The refreshments put on by the church half way up the climb were excellent (and not over priced).

As ever - great organisation by Matlock CC.

Pity some of the shakers(taylor , Bell) went early on in the field - kind of spoilt the spectacle a bit. Ah well never mind.

Top Bottom