Netflix TDF documentary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Could be a double-edged sword. Taking the F1 Drive to Survive experience it has certainly increased awareness and interest in the sport, but there is an undercurrent of F1 snobs who deride anybody new to the sport as a "Drive to Survivor", a term used to suggest someone who only knows what Netflix has told them, which is often slated as being deliberately sensationalist and provides a narrative that is more fiction than fact.

I'll be watching it though, as I do DTS.

Drive to Survive is hilariously bad though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So far so good TBH - 2 episodes in !

Slick

Guru
Just finished episode 4, and I'm loving it.

Its a bit like a highlights show of the tour that was already fresh in the memory, but its good getting a peek behind the curtains. Some fascinating insights as well. :popcorn: :thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don’t think it’s as good as I wanted it to be but the new footage is incredible and it’s made me realise more quite how much is at stake for the riders when they win or lose! And the footage of Pidcock’s descent of Alpe d’Huez was AMAZING!!

The crash footage was ace. Sorry been in some stacks in my life and it's part of the ride. Not for MrsF eyes.

Loved the first episode.
Considering not watching the Tour this year and just waiting for the Netflix series next year so I can enjoy it unspoilt.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I finished it today and very much enjoyed it although not as much as I thought I would. Some of the new footage was brilliant and it definitely made me appreciate more quite how tough the race is and how much hangs on results. It suffered for the lack of access to Pog.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Just watched the first episode and mostly enjoyed it.
Worst thing was the fake commentator on the racing scenes.

I've just binged it and that was the thing that grated.

Other than that it was enjoyable and I'm not sure what anyone who was disappointed wanted from it.

Some interesting team dynamics exposed.

Top Bottom