Never fails to get a laugh this...

Do cyclists filming journey's make the 'situation worse' between the cyclist-driver ?

• Yes, it does...make it worse

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No, anything that backs up a cyclist is good!

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

al78

Guru
Sorry what's the camera for?

Evidence in the case of an incident which ends up in court. I get the impression some cyclists cycle in areas where drivers are particularly antagonistic, aggressive or incompetent, so a camera may be useful for evidence in road incidents where there are no witnesses. A camera can also be used as an educational tool, for example if I have a close encounter I can look at the footage afterwards and assess whether there is anything I could have done better. I haven't felt the need for a camera yet as I am fortunate enough to cycle on roads where drivers are, in the main, co-operative and reasonable.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Evidence in the case of an incident which ends up in court. I get the impression some cyclists cycle in areas where drivers are particularly antagonistic, aggressive or incompetent, so a camera may be useful for evidence in road incidents where there are no witnesses. A camera can also be used as an educational tool, for example if I have a close encounter I can look at the footage afterwards and assess whether there is anything I could have done better. I haven't felt the need for a camera yet as I am fortunate enough to cycle on roads where drivers are, in the main, co-operative and reasonable.
None of that applies to the video in the OP. The cyclist didn't go to the police, he chose to escalate the incident himself, and he doesn't appear to be self-aware enough to critically assess his own behaviour.

crazyjoe101

None of that applies to the video in the OP. The cyclist didn't go to the police, he chose to escalate the incident himself, and he doesn't appear to be self-aware enough to critically assess his own behaviour.
Well this video was discussed at length the first time it was posted but from what I recall the cyclist seems to be the sort who has the camera on and then makes a big show of every slight thing to happen until something interesting like the video in the OP happens... so I suppose it's for recording entertainingly cringeworthy and embarrassing videos?

Top Bottom