Never gone off so fast....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I did a charity bike ride today, one for churches. You basicly get a list of a load of churches, and just ride around to the ones you want. I did it last year, biscuits are drinks at churches, so i was just going around eating!
This year, it was very poor, not many biscuits, not nice biscuits.
Then, i got to a church at Morton, on the way, not far from the church there was a big group of people on bikes, old and young.
I overtook, used my bell to warn then(kept pulling and letting go the not used brake lever) and said excuse me. Got to the church, wanting a quick turn around, as always, i quickly scribbled my name down on the sheet, with the time i got there, put the church name and time on my sheet, grabbed 2 biscuits(custard cream and ginger nut) and went to go off.
Then, the POBs were on the way in:eek:
Asked where i was from, what church im doing it for, then, asked to join in with the song! The other guy that was there just stood there, i shoved the biscuits in my mouth, and looked for the escape. I managed to get on my bike, the guy said, "come on, join us for the song, we're on verse 5 now! lets sing inside"
I was on the bike, clipped in and off(with a little wheel spin aswell) as he asked the other person and have him a sheet(my trick of having my bike in my hands and not making eye contact worked;))
My god, i thought i was going to be abducted or something by this church gang, of all very happy people, to sing some stupid hymn.
I was scared:eek: I swear i have never gone off so fast from anywhere before:ohmy:
Anyway, i did about 33/34churches(got to write some in, some were on the list, didnt open, so had no-where i could write the name down on my sheet, so just left it)
Kept making alterations to the Brooks saddle ive just put on, bit nose high at first, then too nose low, then slightly too nose high, and i think ive got it about right now:wacko:
I helped to win the church i did it for a bike last year, which they can do with what they want, raffle off i think:wacko:
Thats my good deed done.

Jane Smart

The Queen
I go to church every week :angry:

:smile:

Jane Smart

The Queen
Nah I was kidding, albeit, I was brought up as a child going to church every Sunday, like you I have not been ( since I was about 14 ) unless a wedding, funeral or christening.

My dad, I have to say, is an elder in his local church :smile:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

phil_hg_uk said:
Its a sign of the times joe bloody country going to the dogs it is :smile:

Exactly.
Singing happy people, not many places with biscuits, or nice biscuits, no cake.

Southwell Mister did rip me off last year, ASDA smart price biscuits. SMART PRICE!!!!!!
Id had Mc vities, Sainsburys and all other nice biscuits at all the other places.
Get Smart price biscuits at Southwell Minster. Thats a HUGE place aswell!
Tight sods.

Im not a biscuit snob, by the way.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

phil_hg_uk said:
Stop it with all the singing and show me the triple layer choccy cake is what I say.

They were riding around on bikes singing. From Southwell Minster aswell!
When they said that i though about asking if they had put on nice biscuits this time, or the crappy ones they had last year.
Smart Price in that place?!?!?!:smile:
Smaller churches had better biscuits!
Not a fig roll this year either:ohmy:
Lots of custard creams and bourbon creams though, odd chocolate digestive. Mc Vities aswell, not the cheapo ones of those;)
There were Rocky biscuits, other biscuits, and Lucozade at one church i went to.
My opinions of Southwell Minster(if i ever did have any:wacko:) are very very VERY low:angry:

Top Bottom