New Bike! Specialized Allez 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Very smart, enjoy :smile:.

Citius

Looks like you have the chain on the large ring at the front, and the second largest at the back.
You wouldn't ride it like that.
There are people on here who will be better than me at telling you why.

I'd like to hear from them, then - because I don't see the issue.

OP
OP
E

Enjoyedincubus

Regular
So today I rode the bike for the first time.

It's funny, when I first got on the bike I had a big wobble and suddenly doubted that I could ride properly. I gritted my teeth, told myself to stop being a wuss and took off.

Even though I only rode up and down the cul de sac I found it exhilarating! The lower positioning and the weight of the bike (or lack there of) made it seem like I was going really fast.

I've read a few things on the Internet about gear changes and I'm still struggling abit. However, I know it's just a matter of practise. I can't wait to go for a longer ride which will be sometime next week hopefully.

Buck

Guru
So today I rode the bike for the first time.

It's funny, when I first got on the bike I had a big wobble and suddenly doubted that I could ride properly. I gritted my teeth, told myself to stop being a wuss and took off.

Even though I only rode up and down the cul de sac I found it exhilarating! The lower positioning and the weight of the bike (or lack there of) made it seem like I was going really fast.

I've read a few things on the Internet about gear changes and I'm still struggling abit. However, I know it's just a matter of practise. I can't wait to go for a longer ride which will be sometime next week hopefully.

Everybody is/was like this when they first rode a road bike. Some recently and some many moons ago.

Make sure when you go on your longer ride to take a multi-tool so that you can adjust saddle height / position, bars etc when actually out and about.

As far as the gears go, I think yours will be Shimano?

Left hand levers (front chain ring) - small lever moves chain to smaller ring and larger lever to larger ring (keep pushed across until the chain is fully set on the ring)

Right hand levers (rear cassette) - small lever moves chain to a smaller (harder) cog and large lever moves chain to a larger (easier) cog

Remember small lever moves chain to a smaller cog and large lever to a large cog !! :okay:

GuyBoden

Guru
Very nice bike, get out and about, just keep on pedalling, I found that it all comes together with the more time you spend on the bike..........:okay:

OP
OP
E

Enjoyedincubus

Regular
Just thought I'd post a picture of the Allez with all the bits I've put on it.

The most recent addition are the SKS Raceblade Longs. The most fiddly thing about them was getting the brake calipers back on. Kept finding that as I tightened them up, one of the break blocks would be in constant contact with the rim. A bit of fiddling has solved it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 58

mustang1

Legendary Member
You cant beat that new bike feeling :thumbsup:

Enjoy :bicycle:

THAT!! That is exactly the feeling I'm looking for butnincould quite put my finger on it. It's not a new bike inwant, it's the feeling that goes with it. Almost like a holiday.

And to that effect, I was checking out some cannondales and Specializeds. I can't seem to get a grip with cannondales paint butbthe spesh looks good.

Congrats on your bike, and enjoy! How tall are you and what size did you get?

mustang1

Legendary Member
very cool , that crossbar would take a bit of getting used to though. Enjoy the bike the gears will grow on you.
Use chamois cream otherwise other things will grow on you too.

Congrats on the bike. I was checking out an Allez like yours but in grey. Very nice. Enjoy!

Top Bottom