New Forrest riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iGaz

I'll be in the New Forrest soon on my jollies, lyndhurst to be exact. i was wonderin where to go on the crosser as my other half has said i can take my bike on holiday!!!

luplowe

Head Brockenhurst and Burley way, loads of combined on/off routs to follow, bike shops in
Brockenhurst/Burley can give you lists of all the routs, I'm sure Lyndhurst to but my bike shop radar doesn't reach over that way.

Or Head for Lymington follow the salt marsh round to Keyhaven, along the Cliff edge to Barton on sea road it up to Burley and on from there.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Get the OS 25000 Explorer map - there are loads of designated cycle paths all over the New Forest - mostly very good gravel surface.

Look out for ponies, cattle, even pigs grazing all over the place - and some deer.

OP
OP
I

iGaz

porkypete said:
Get the OS 25000 Explorer map - there are loads of designated cycle paths all over the New Forest - mostly very good gravel surface.

Look out for ponies, cattle, even pigs grazing all over the place - and some deer.

Its not animals that I have to watch, I tend to find its 60plus year old ramblers who are the worst!!

aran20

iGaz said:
I'll be in the New Forrest soon on my jollies, lyndhurst to be exact. i was wonderin where to go on the crosser as my other half has said i can take my bike on holiday!!!

I'll get the real Moose to knock out some routes for you. He lives in Lyndhurst.

Moose

As already mentioned, there are loads of designated paths in the forest. The only problem is that they're quite busy this time of year with pedestrians and leisure cyclists. You shouldn't ride anywhere, off-road, that isn't a designated cycle path as it's against local byelaws.

If you're staying in Lyndhurst there are loads of options in all directions depending on how far you want to go and your preferred terrain?

Moose

Top Bottom