New forum software: Switchover starts 10pm Sat 19th Nov 2011

Shaun

Founder
CycleChat will be going offline at around 10pm Sat 19th Nov 2011 for migration to the new forum software.

There is still time to investigate how the new software works by visiting the test site but don't worry too much as it is pretty straight forward and easy to use.

I expect it to take around 40 hours and will update the holding page with progress reports as I go along (they may become a bit bizarre once I pass the 30 hours with no sleep marker ... :smile: ).

When we come back online it will just be the forums to begin with; the calendar, blog, gallery, and chat features will come afterwards as time allows (there is no automatic way to move the data for those items so I'll be doing it manually over the coming months).

Your avatars will all be slightly increased in size during the move - which is likely to result in some fuzziness (and oddities for animated GIFs) - so you'll possibly have to upload it again. Don't worry, it's a one minute job, but it would be a good idea to fish out the original image so you've got it handy!! :thumbsup:

Watched forums and topics are not imported into the new software so you will need to re-apply these if they are important to you. Just visit the thread and click "Watch thread". If you're not sure which ones you are currently watching, don't worry - I plan to leave the current (IP.Board software) accessible for a while after the move - just in case you want to pop back and check/copy settings, etc. - http://www.cyclechat.net/oldcc/

The search doesn't yet allow for forums to be excluded so What's New will show you new items from all forums. It is expected that this feature will be added in a future release.

Your inbox also doesn't currently show participants in a conversation (you have to open the conversation to see who's in it) - but again, this is something to be addressed in a future update.

NEW SOFTWARE SUPPORT - to avoid duplication can you kindly put all support questions to the support forum and have a quick look in there before posting to make sure your question hasn't been answered already.

I don't expect any major problems and it will hopefully be business as usual on Monday (if not before!!). :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Good luck with the migration, hope it goes smoothly.

See you all on the other side

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Shaun, don't forget to organise a a supply of cake to keep you doing. :mrpig:

I stocked-up this afternoon ... :whistle:

Right ... I'm off to bed to get a few hours kip. The fun begins at 22:00hrs so finish off any posts by 21:59 :thumbsup:

TTFN,
Shaun :biggrin:

rusky

CC Addict
He's late!

Top Bottom