New Howies beanie.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

I 'heart' Howies, but I buy the majority of stuff in the sales!

MessenJah

Rider
Hmm. It says 'hand-finished' but not 'hand-knitted'.

If it was actually fully hand knitted, how long would it take to make, and would that time plus the materials plus all the other costs be worth £50...

And even if it was worth more than £50 with all those costs considered, what would be the point?

Mortiroloboy

MessenJah said:
Hmm. It says 'hand-finished' but not 'hand-knitted'.

If it was actually fully hand knitted, how long would it take to make, and would that time plus the materials plus all the other costs be worth £50...

And even if it was worth more than £50 with all those costs considered, what would be the point?

That'll be when the poor little chinese child puts it in the polythene bag then.
£50 that's immoral
.:rolleyes:

mondobongo

Über Member
I think they are in danger of disappearing up their own arse. They make nice stuff if a bit overpriced but since getting into bed with Timberland the sales have been crap and virtually no t shirts at bargain prices which you used to get.

Tharg2007

Veteran
i bought one of the merino base layers in their sale for £27 delivered, that price is more like it.
When I got it the lable gave a load of spiel about how eco friendly and biodegradable the natural fibres were, the lable also looked like it was made from recycled paper, the whole thing came wrapped in a plastic bag though... i nearly fell of my seat at the hypocrisy .

Keith Oates

Janner
User259iroloboy said:
That'll be when the poor little chinese child puts it in the polythene bag then.
£50 that's immoral
.:biggrin:
Do they have Chinese Children putting hats into plastic bags in Wales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MessenJah

Rider
Keith Oates said:
Do they have Chinese Children putting hats into plastic bags in Wales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of Howies clothing is made in China (and some is made in Turkey), not Wales.

Mortiroloboy

Keith Oates said:

Some poor Welsh kid puts them in a box, then they get shipped to China, where a chinese child being paid one yen a month puts them in a poly bag and they get shipped back, that's why they cost so f*cking much.:biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
User259iroloboy said:
Some poor Welsh kid puts them in a box, then they get shipped to China, where a chinese child being paid one yen a month puts them in a poly bag and they get shipped back, that's why they cost so f*cking much.:biggrin:

Didn't they do a similar thing with Port many years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom