New member and club from Newton Aycliffe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nathan AV

Hi, I have just recently been directed to this site and my first impressions are good. It looks like a really good forum with lots of info without any of the bickering on other sites.
My names Nathan and from the Newton Aycliffe area. I've been cycling less than a year as I took it up to commute 30 miles a day. Since then I've met some interesting people and have made lots of friends.
I have helped establish a cycling club in the area with lots of hard work involved. It was/is a steep learning curve and their is still lots of stuff to learn so any help would be appreciated.
Look forward to speaking and even meeting some of you's if your local.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: Nathan.

CRVFR

Hi
Just found the Aycliffe Velo site yesterday. Might pop along for a trial ride in the next week or two - see if I can keep up!

Ruthie

Über Member
Hi Nathan I'm not far from you. Not fit enough for club rides yet but I really liked your web site. Always looking for people to share a bit of social pottering around and I'm new to tge area and looking to find nice routes, on and off road.

Hello,

You have managed to a lot within a year I can only hope that I get close to that. Your commute of 30 miles a day is more then my current goal of being able to complete a 22 mile path around the local lake.

theloafer

Legendary Member
hi Nathan.....:welcome: aboard great bunch here how did the first club ride go last Sunday was going to go to the meeting on sat but was away in the lakes with my g/f

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Hi Nathan and :welcome:

OP
OP
Nathan AV

Nathan AV

Wow, the replies are great. Thank you's. Ruthie, don't worry at all about your ability and not being fit enough. You almost certainly will be for some of our steady rides. Our first official ride out we had a mixture of abilities and got home with everyone and didn't leave anybody. The more riders we get the more groups we are hoping to have.
It will be great to have you CRVFR, as mentioned you will keep up. It's not a racing group that set out at 20mph and stick to it, a lot of us will arrange them types of rides separately or go Solo.These are social group rides but we will have faster pace groups as everyone progress's or there is a demand for it.
Hi theloafer. The group ride was windy heading out to Staindrop and Winston but a nice tailwind on the way to Eppleby and back. We received a lot of recognition at the coffee shop in Eppleby which was mind blowing as we didn't think word had got around.
Exciting times.

Ruthie

Über Member
Nathan, I was very tempted to turn up for your ride in the morning from the Navy club but I think I'll chicken out like the fat slow oldbird I am.

OP
OP
Nathan AV

Nathan AV

Hi Ruthie, Sorry I missed your message on Friday evening. Saturday was bit on the Chilly side as we got caught in the snow (wasn't expecting it when we checked weather reports before hand). Sundays ride was more steady as we had roughly 15 people out, all mixed abilities and bikes ranging from Hybrids to CX bikes and some love road bikes. We average 10mph over the distance as some of the people had not ridden that far before but we all got back as a group and i'm sure they all enjoyed it.
4 woman in total came on Sunday and they mentioned a female only ride being an option.

Top Bottom