New member ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Hello there .. :bicycle:
confidence will come with time ..

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

Hello there .. :bicycle:
confidence will come with time ..

Yeah, I am in no real rush, just want to be 100% stable and confident before I venture out on the main roads and longer routes, but after 35 years I am happy doing the 6 mile round trip twice at the weekend or three times on bank holiday's...

At least it is exercise that I would not normally have had lol

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

Thank you ....

Decided on a different way round the same route this morning.... problem is it is shorter lol but it was on a main road and it was early and quite.... all went well until, on the way home I had a puncture on the front tyre.... after 50 miles use, I was expecting it as the roads have loads of crap on them, stones, thorns and bits of twigs... spun the wheel and found a sharp, triangle piece of stone sticking out the tyre.... Oh great, lets see if I can remember how to repair one now lol

View: https://www.strava.com/activities/1613503327/embed/97aafb7f20d15f14b153bf412561d5e765d42983

alicat

Legendary Member
Your route is worrying me. You never seem to get back home. Or is there something about Strava that I am not getting.

Good luck with the repair.

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

Your route is worrying me. You never seem to get back home. Or is there something about Strava that I am not getting.

Good luck with the repair.

Lol...I feel like not going home sometimes..... :smile:

In Strava there is a setting to hide your actual address if, like me you go from home... I suppose for security reason really... I do not suppose it matters if you are away from your home address...

In "settings" and "Privacy" it is the last item on mine, "Hide your house/office on your activity maps" you can change the hidden distance.. I think it is so anyone looking knows the area but cannot see the exact start/finish which Strava will show your home...

And I can still fix a puncture, took me about 15 mins to remove, repair and inflate the tyre again... Need a track pump for home use I think... I only have a small pump I purchased to keep on the bike but it seems slow to inflate really, OK for emergency away from home..

Last edited:
OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

The culprit! no more than about 4-5mm but bloody sharp:smile: and the hole was like a pin prick..took me a while to find it... :sad: and it's still up 8 hours later so I must remember how to fix tyres lol

Stone.jpg

Hi ! You will soon discover that it is easier going down hills than up !

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Yeah, I am in no real rush, just want to be 100% stable and confident before I venture out on the main roads and longer routes, but after 35 years I am happy doing the 6 mile round trip twice at the weekend or three times on bank holiday's...

At least it is exercise that I would not normally have had lol

Yes completely agree with you, I started on MTB and stuck to paths then the beach front for exercise, I then bought a road bike but I was very apprehensive to start with, I still am really and stick to roads I'm 100% comfy with ..

Top Bottom