New to this lot...turbo trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

birdie1

Hi!!! Female cyclist new to this lot....Got a roubaix comp as best bike and allez as winter bike. For the first time ive been on the turbo trainer....jeeze hard work or what??!!! Any tips you guys???

Put a towel over the frame as salty sweat is corrosive.

Nice to see you are still around, have you looked at your Virgin thread?!

jasper

Clear you mind and focus...and face the fact that you'll hurt.

Rather than just spinning away for an hour or two, try to focus on efforts. After a 15 min warm up, one session I do is 30 sec in each gear flat out, have 2 mins easy spinning in a low gear, then repeat. Do that 3 times, then 15 min warm down. As you get fitter, build up the intervals or lengthen the time in each gear.

A few tips in here:

http://www.cobr.co.uk/e-cobr_inform.../cycle_training/turbo_training/planning.shtml

jasper

And use a fan, otherwise you'll cook. There's a few threads on turbos now with some useful stuff in there, have a search.

OP
OP
B

birdie1

Bangin tunes!!

Thanks for tips onTT!!! I have funky house muzik bangin out whilst on TT!!!! Hello Red Tom...Where ya been all my cycling life????

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
just as a thought, why not just ride through the winter?

a few years ago i did an early season sportive and finished with the 15th fastest time over the course (out of 140 odd). as i had probably the cheapest set of wheels too, i reckon that my winter commuting and club runs amounted to a better training regime than loads of winter hours on the turbo… had the event been in june, i doubt i'd have placed as highly.

Top Bottom