New web server ordered

Shaun

Founder
Our web server has given us five years of great service but is feeling the pinch at peak times so I've ordered a new one with some better gizmo's, a faster thingamabob, and oodles of RAM. :thumbsup:

The server should be ready in 4-6 weeks and there will be a slight bit of disruption when we move everything over, but I'll give you all a heads-up so you know when to expect it.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
The new web server should arrive early next week. :hyper:

There will be several days of configuring and testing and then we'll start moving the sites over in roughly this order:
  • EntertainmentChat
  • FoodiesChat
  • PhotographersChat
  • GardeningChat
  • MyPetChat
  • MyBusinessChat
  • GeeksChat
  • CycleChat

Each site will go offline for a short while as we move the files and database to the new web server and re-point the domain.

CycleChat is the biggest and is going last because I want to iron out any niggles using the smaller sites first and because I need to do a fair bit of database reworking as part of the move (which will require pulling another all-nighter); but at least this time you'll have a selection of other forums to chat on whilst CC is off-the-air.

I'll post status updates here as the work progresses. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Unfortunately the new server delivery has been delayed. I don't have a new E.T.A. as yet, but will post once I know more. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
It's arrived!!! YES!!!

The new server has finally arrived and is ready for the software build, but because it has arrived so close to Christmas the work will have to wait until early January.

I'll keep you updated on progress as things move forward. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
The new server is shaping up well and I managed to get some bits done over the holidays so we should be ready to start moving the first site by the end of next week, with the first forum a few days later and the others following shortly after.

I haven't got a date in mind for CC just yet - we need to test the server fully with "live" sites running on it - but should be before the end of January. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Top Bottom