New wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vich

Hi everyone iam very new to cycling, just under a year now. I ride w a group and on my own. I own a Giant tcr sl2. Love the bike and have looked into the specs and noticed the wheelset is quit heavy. I would like to upgrade not sure what I could get to lighten the load and not my pocket. Any suggestions? ? Iam looking to spend no more than $500.

Sharky

Guru
Just googled your bike and if I found the right one, it looks like a pretty good set up already. Upgrades will only be marginal, so unless you are planning to race, I would stick with what you have and put the money into the N+1 fund.

Having said that, it is a good idea to have either two bikes or at least 2 pairs of wheels, then one can be used in the summer and a heavier pair with more rugged tyres in the winter.

Good luck,
Keith

OP
OP
V

vich

Yeah iam not looking to race. The weight is 1890 grams for the wheelset. Just looking for something to give me a lighter feel to the bike and I hear people say the heaviest component on a bike next to the frame is the wheelset. Thanks for the reply

Top Bottom