Newborn baby found down drain.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
By passing cyclists

"When David Otte set out for a Sunday morning cycle, he never imagined he would find a newborn baby boy trapped down a drain.

He was riding along the M7 bike track at Quakers Hill about 7.30am with his 18-year-old daughter Hayley when they were stopped by two men who could hear noise coming from a drain.

The men thought it was an animal - a cat or a lizard, they said - but Mr Otte knew better.

"I've got two kids of my own so I know what a baby screaming sounds like," the father from Rydalmere said. "It was so intense; you couldn't not tell it was a baby. We couldn't see it but we could hear it. It was distressed.""

numbnuts

Legendary Member
That's very sad to think nobody wanted you.

We do not know the story behind this or how the mother is feeling, especially given that (If correct) it may have been a man who dumped the baby

I think that there will be a lot more to this than meets the eye and an open mind at this stage is essential

The bright side is that by whatever intervention (Luck, Karma etc) the child was found and will survive

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member

buggi

Bird Saviour
http://www.kiis1065.com.au/kjgiveback/paying-it-forward
Kyle and Jackie O are paying it forward to David and Hayley, the father and daughter who found a baby boy in a Quakers Hill drain near the M7 the other week.

Thanks to Trek Bikes Australia and the Trek Bicycle Store in Rouse Hill, Kyle and Jack organised an amazing 5.2 carbon road bike for the Otte's.

Watch the moment Intern Pete knocked on their door to hand the present over. A deserving reward.
Wow I need to look down more drains when I'm out on my bike

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm wondering why Classic 33 posts so many links about Australia.:scratch:Does he live there?
No, over the Border from you. Eastwards!

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
First election, anywhere, where a cyclists only party has stood, took place on Saturday in Victoria, Australia. Been getting updates from two Australian sites and the A.C.P. as well.

Top Bottom