Newport Velodrome - Winter Training Sessions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Newport Velodrome - Winter Training Sessions

I have booked the following six dates at Newport Velodrome for a winter series of 3 hour training sessions. All are most welcome to attend and all abilities will be catered for from complete beginner's to the more experienced riders. This is a ideal opportunity to not only maintain some fitness during the coming winter months, but also gain some valuable bike handling skills.

As many people will know, free dates are at a premium at Newport, and I provisionally booked these dates nearly twelve months ago, the dates are as follows below:

Saturday 8th October - 6pm till 9pm

Saturday 12th November - 6pm to 9pm

Saturday 10th December - 6pm to 9pm

Saturday 14th January 2012 - 6pm to 9pm

Saturday 11th February - 6pm to 9pm

Saturday 3rd March - 6pm to 9pm

If you book 4 or more sessions, the sessions will cost £17.50 each. You can however book all six sessions for the price of five, ie £87.50 (roughly £14.50 per session.) The idea is that you can book the whole series in the knowledge that if something crops up and you cannot make one event you're no worse off.

If there are sufficient spaces it will be possible to pay on the day at a cost of £22 per session.

Track bikes can be hired at Newport at a reasonable rate and they do not need to be booked in advance.

If you would like anymore info, or better still a booking form, then please mail me direct at alan.weaver 'at' btinternet.com or call me direct on 07500 915448

Alan Weaver

Beacon RCC

http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/

NOTE
Individual sessions and the series as a whole will only go ahead if there are sufficient advance bookings for them to be financially viable. Payments will be held until a decision is made soon after 5th September and will be refunded if the series is cancelled.

Shaun

Founder
No no no no no no ... you can't say "winter" yet ... nooooooooo!!!!! :laugh:

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
No no no no no no ... you can't say "winter" yet ... nooooooooo!!!!! :laugh:

Sadly, its not that far aware now......soon be time for all that ice and snow.

Wouldn't it would be great to have somewhere safe to train indoors over the winter months for maybe once a month .... :whistle:

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Subject to the arrival 2 or 3 promised cheques that are "in the post" we're now able to confirm that we can go ahead with all 6 sessions.

So, for anybody that has been struggling in the diary department but still wishes to take advantage of the lower prices there are just a few days left to get those forms & payments in.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Just a quick update to this, all the sessions were and are fully subscribed to the end of March.

In fact the series has been so successful, I have already booked the next winter series to commence later on in the year:-

Name: Beacon RCC Winter Series Track Sessions
Date (s): Saturday 6th October 2012
Saturday 3rd November 2012
Saturday 1st December 2012
Saturday 5th January 2013
Saturday 2nd February 2013
Saturday 2nd March 2013
Time (s): 6pm – 9pm (all dates)

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Well the last of the six sessions is nearly upon us and many thanks to those that have attended the sessions.

We then have a six month break and then we start the sessions all over again.

As was the case with these sessions, our club members will be offered places first of all, then once we are satisfied that we are not going to attract any more of our club riders, the sessions will be advertised on here.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Well that's it folks, all done and dusted and congratulations to everyone on passing the accreditation and I hope that everyone has enjoyed the sessions and has gained something from them?

I have to admit that while I am very sad that the sessions have now ended, I am so very relieved that we completed all the sessions without any mishaps, well apart from one minor one the other week. But I suspect that we all had one or two buttock clenching moments at some point? I know I certainly did, and that was last night when we all bunched up on the cote d'azur as we were warming down, despite my yells for the string to speed up, I had no choice but to turn up the banking and I felt both my wheels loose traction and slide down. I'll be honest, I really thought I was going down and I wish I knew what I did to save it!!
icon_eek.gif

As for everyone's accreditation certificate, (posh name for a small laminated piece of paper to be honest) I'll mail Newport and see if I can get them all sent to me. I can then distribute them out if folk are okay with that?

The collection for the coach raised £26.26, and Chris was extremely grateful that we had done that for him, so thanks also to everyone for supporting this.

The next block of six sessions is already booked and will commence in October.

And finally, thanks to everyone that supported all the sessions, thanks to the Beacon committee for their support and to Steve Smith (Beacon treasurer) for looking after the finances.

Top Bottom