News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Might just have got won a "stay of execution".
Confirmed in writing today.

GM

Legendary Member
Well chuffed, daughter came back from Gili Air with this.......

IMG_0927.JPG

D

Deleted member 1258

My new computer's here, :dance::dance::dance:I'm going to have fun tonight, I've got the operating system to install, update and then my files to transfer over.:rolleyes:

First attempt at an install failed miserable, I ran into UEFI and GPT, first new computer for about 6 years and I hadn't come across our friends before, a bit of research and I worked out how to but couldn't find time, but I woke early today so set too, I'm now posting this on my new computer running Linux Mint with the Mate desktop. :dance::dance::dance: I'm now off for a bike ride.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
Mrs IDMark2 has put her notice in this week for retirement. 28 days time she'll have finished working for a living... My team car driver will now be available for duty on any day of the week should issues occur and at home with tea and cake should they not... :thumbsup: However, balanced against this is the fact that the team car driver will now be at home all the time and may have other ideas on how to spend our new quality time...:headshake:This may cost me a new ladies bike I think...:smile:

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Mrs IDMark2 has put her notice in this week for retirement. 28 days time she'll have finished working for a living... My team car driver will now be available for duty on any day of the week should issues occur and at home with tea and cake should they not... :thumbsup: However, balanced against this is the fact that the team car driver will now be at home all the time and may have other ideas on how to spend our new quality time...:headshake:This may cost me a new ladies bike I think...:smile:
Consider it worth a price paying! ;)

ayceejay

Guru
See Sat Nav you have it all wrong it is not in the news but how it is told:
A Cuddington woman known best for cycling around the world waits patiently for her new world touring bike.
The pretty buxom blond (see picture) has bounced back from a near death accident where she was attacked by spear carrying natives in Kenya and is keen to get riding again. Her exploits are Oscar worthy said a well known cyclist and she is just waiting for the opportunity to make it into a movie. In an interview she said "said "I'm due to complete the final spec for my recumbent trike today and pay for it. :wahhey:
I can't wait to get mobile again, but will have to. It will be several more weeks before I received it.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I've just paid for my recumbent trike... ICE can ship it on Monday to the bike shop for the rest of the modifications to be made! :hyper::wahhey:

I'm also officially broke now with £30 left in my bank account and about £200 of bits to buy to ship to the bike shop for the Rohloff specific side of the build.

Hub gears? Have you reused your old ones?

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Hub gears? Have you reused your old ones?
yep - take design has taken into account my expedition bike and I will be able to transfer the entire wheel between bikes as easily as repairing a fairy visit! (there is also a triple front derailleur as well. :whistle: - nothing like a few extra gears hey - I need to take into account the paralysis I have been left with which is looking increasingly like it is not going to clear - in fact at the moment it is getting just marginally worse each day sadly). there is a slight chance that 3 * 14 gears could be too many but...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
yep - take design has taken into account my expedition bike and I will be able to transfer the entire wheel between bikes as easily as repairing a fairy visit! (there is also a triple front derailleur as well. :whistle: - nothing like a few extra gears hey - I need to take into account the paralysis I have been left with which is looking increasingly like it is not going to clear - in fact at the moment it is getting just marginally worse each day sadly). there is a slight chance that 3 * 14 gears could be too many but...
Better to have too many now than later end up thinking "I wish I had later". Hope it all works out OK. :hugs:

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Better to have too many now than later end up thinking "I wish I had later". Hope it all works out OK. :hugs:
me too because by the time I have taken into account the cost of replacing the Rohloff hub, wheel rim, tyre and external gear changer, plus the bike the figure is more than twice what we paid for our car 2 years ago! it is actually making my Thorn Nomad mk ii look cheap! :eek:
Big fingers crossed here... but I am quietly confident because I have known for a long time that sooner or later I was going to end up needing a trike of some form, so in my mind I was already prepared, I just wasn't expecting it this soon - but hey ho.... I :surrender: and now have one on the way!

Top Bottom