No More Vaughny

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I'm really disapointed about this. he was one of the best bats we have had for years and has announced his reitirement due to some rather awkward positioning by the ECB and there abandonment of him as a player.
I know he was struggling for runs, but they have left him in the cold and made this happen!!

He may not have got back in the side, his injuries may be worse than we know, but its truly shocking that he was no picked for the lions side this week.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
They could have had him opening with Boycott with W G Grace coming in at number 3!
Yesterdays man, I'm afraid. TBH, he struggled to justify his place even when he was fit in the last few years. He had a been a fine player and the best captain since Brearley.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Steve Austin said:
He may not have got back in the side, his injuries may be worse than we know, but its truly shocking that he was no picked for the lions side this week.

I agree, The Lions desparately needed a replacement prop against the Spingboks, and Vaughan would have been the perfect pick :biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
User1314 said:
Read an interview yesterday with Alan Knott. He said that when he wasn't touring with England, during the Winter, he had to sign on the dole.

How times have changed.

True. Most county cricketers had to find alternative employment in the winters until fairly recently. Unlike Michael Vaughan who was given a central contract this year even though he was injured and never even made the squad! A sinecure, I guess, for past achievements.

Top Bottom