No red amber on light sequence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Red direct to green is the French style. Germany and Switzerland on the other hand use red/amber as in the UK. I'd rather have it as a 'get ready' inidcation and I doubt there's much cost as the lights are controlled electonically and an amber light is still required as a warning for the red.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Cars typically stop at traffic lights with about a foot or so between them. If they all set off at the same time, they would then be travelling at 20-30 mph (in town), with a foot or so between them. Rather less than the recommended spacing...

'tyres plus tarmac' is the mantra of the competant driver. i.e. whe you stop behind someone you should be able to see the rear tyres of the car in front plus a strip of tarmac behind them. Thus when they stall or breakdown or it turns out they've stopped to tak a call you have room to manouvre and pass.

cars in france stop at lights as close to each other as they do in the uk yet, in france, when the lights change everyone moves off at once with frantic honking from the cars behind to ensure compliance.

Top Bottom