No smoking in this church

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Probably because they don't actually know the meaning of the word "patroniz(s)e".:blush:

I must admit that the signs are a bit redundant, except possibly to remind visitors to these Isles. Although they do remove any ambiguity, deny any shyster a legal loophole. Possibly they will disappear after a few years, although the smoking ban will remain, hopefully.

I was in a church recently which displayed a no smoking sign, underneath it simply said 'as if you need to be told.'
Even back in the day that i smoked i would never have smoked in a church anyway!

Mr Pig

We've got a book here that's a collection of genuine church notices and news letter announcements etc, some are quite funny.

The low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday from 7 to 8:30p.m.
Please use the back door.

Tonight's sermon: WHAT IS HELL?
Come early and listen to our choir practice.

The sermon this morning:
JESUS WALKS ON WATER
The sermon tonight:
SEARCHING FOR JESUS

Due to the pastors illness Wednesday's healing service will be discontinued until further notice.

Benjamin Benson and Jessica Carter were married on October 24 in the Church Sanctuary. Thus ends a friendship that began in their school years.

On March the 16th, the prayer group met at the home of Margaret Weare, who is no longer able to attend church services. What a blessing!

We have added a new support group to our growing list of helpful opportunities: ILLITERATE? Write today for free help.

The associate pastor unveiled the Church Tithing Campaign slogan last Sunday:
"I UPPED MY PLEDGE...UP YOURS."

WANTED! CHURCH SECRETARY
Must be overweight, elderly and surly. Call 358-5503 for interview with pastor's wife.

The Church Board has voted to pray for the pastor's speedy recovery. The vote was 5 to 4.

(printed on a cassette)
SERMONS BY REV. HUSSLEBERRY
WARNING
DO NOT PLAY WHILE DRIVING
In some cases this product has
been known to cause
drowsiness and disorientation.

Announcement in the church bulletin for a National Prayer and fasting Conference...
"The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer Conference includes meals."

Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at Calvary Memorial church. Come and hear Bertha belch all the way from Africa.

Mr Pig

let_the_church_help.jpg

Top Bottom