Not trying to start a fight.....but

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

06-01A-pic-2-AnnekendeVlasteranAnabaptistWomanbeingthrownintothefirein1571inMirroroftheMartyrs...jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
You read the Spectator?

neilsmiles-monocle.gif

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Bromptons are like Bristol cars, not for everyone,
It's like a beautiful woman, you can't wait to get get your hands on it. You can't take your eye's off it,and some bastards gonna take it off you at the first opportunity.
Agreed Bristols and Bristol cars are a bit like that.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Getting stolen is one of the reason I didn’t buy a Brompton, that and the cost of ownership it’s a rather expensive bicycle.

Well, I've had my current Brom since 2009. In that time, I've got through two pairs of tyres, a chain, chainring and sprockets, and replaced the brake pads. Pretty sure it's still on the original BB and cables. Like @Rocky I've been touring on it, and the brakes and handling were fine on a 45+mph descent.
I still want to take it to the Alps and give it a ride on a chairlift!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I've been into supermarkets with no probs.

I did once go into a shop and was greeted with a sarcastic "Can't you leave that thing outside? We have provided bike racks, you know". The shop in question? Evans Cycles.:rolleyes:

That's disappointing. The branch i used to visit in Guildford qas fabulous - it had the bike racks inside, right next to the tills.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That's disappointing. The branch i used to visit in Guildford qas fabulous - it had the bike racks inside, right next to the tills.
Yeah, this was the one in East Dulwich. As I posted above I think what annoyed them was me entering the shop seconds before they locked up, dripping dirty water all over the place. As an ex shop assistant I have a teeny bit of sympathy.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Had two Brommys since 1999. Both were intended as commuter tools between Euston and the office in Lincoln's Inn or thereabouts and did the job admirably. Waht was over 20 mins on foot was around 10 on the bike. The second was mainly to take advantage of Cycle to Work which provided a cheap upgrade to the M6R - previous was a 'M5L' with Sprinter gear. Daughter still has the 99 one though hasn't used it much recently.

I could ride to the station and did from time to time but it's a bit too far as a daily thing. Out of car>unfold>ride across the car park>wheel bike to train>fold and stow. Off at Euston, unfold and off to the office. It was never, ever, left on street. Only issue was visiting a Job Centre for work, ie to talk to their staff, where I was told to leave it under the stairs by the door. Sorted after I said I was leaving unless it stayed with me.

Now I've retired from full time work it's an adjunct to the car and/or caravan along with Mrs Bs P6R.

Compared with what it saved me by moving from a Travelcard to a point to point season any expenditure on tyres and other consumables is not worth bothering about. New rear rim on the original was the only thing that I'd not (a) planned for and (b) done myself. I did though break the neck of my femur when it flick rolled from under me on a wet/slippery car park.

Wouldn't be without it.

Top Bottom