Odd place to lock a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul04

Über Member
I was in Manchester today, and spotted this bike locked up, something you don't see everyday.

bike crop.jpg

um...

"CycleChat Cycling Forum - Error
The requested attachment could not be found."

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Looking at the size of frame I suspect the rider is tall enough to hook it up there without much bother. Shame the lock seems more of a cosmetic adornment.

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
what clever parking! someone knows their parallel parking ;) see how that's fitted in just right! shame the silly billy doesn't have a decent lock? they trying to entice thieves? :sad:

Is the bike actually locked up, or just the front wheel?
i.e. you could undo the QR and have yourself a bike unicycle.

When I was organising rides I always used to take novices down to the Gosport Ferry bike park to show them the locked frames without a front wheel and the locked front wheels

Then explain that this was because someone had done this and then nicked a matching unlocked front wheel - making a complete bike

Excellent illustration of why proper locking up was important

Ganymede

Veteran
Doesn't appear to be enough chain to clear the handlebars though.
I reckon if you took the front wheel off, unhooked the left side of the chain from the pointy bit of railing, and were strong/tall enough to hold up the bike and manhandle the wheel at the same time you could do it.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I reckon if you took the front wheel off, unhooked the left side of the chain from the pointy bit of railing, and were strong/tall enough to hold up the bike and manhandle the wheel at the same time you could do it.
You seem to know an awful lot about these sorts of things :whistle:

Top Bottom