Off Bike Training?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

haye13

Is there any way I could train whilst I'm off the bike obviously go to the gym but is there anything else like training mentally?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mentally, erm, dunno. The more the ride the more mental you get ! :whistle:

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
It's nothing like training mentally, but there are a number of things I'd recommend doing off the bike to improve your riding. If you have a sedentary job, your glutes are probably not working well, so do some glute bridges. If you don't have great lower limb stability (can you stand on one leg without wobbling?), then you'll be losing efficiency through this, and are at more risk of injury too, so work on it.

Your core is key for cycling, so bridges are good to do at home (in an ad break if watching TV), especially side planks. Also when riding, practice holding yourself up with your abs (take all weight off your hands, though hold the bars loosely for safety). I'm working with a client in these ways, and his peak power is up by 20% after just three weeks.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Really - his peak is up 20% on core work alone? What about his FTP?

Not tested yet. Strictly speaking we're not testing anything yet, but he was on the Wattbike for a warm up, so it was just out of interest.

Top Bottom