Oh My God, It's Too Easy To Spend!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Just been working at expanding my cycle clobber and adding some bits for my bike builds:-

new forks, headset, bars, 3/4 bib tights, SS jersey, wind/showerproof, shoes, Arkel Tail Rider rack pack.

£340 just like that and my 'still to get' list is a heck of a lot longer than the 'just got' list above:ohmy:

I'm going to end up at the cycling equivalent of AA at this rate

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Yep - who ever told you cycling would save you money - they LIED:biggrin:

However I usually feel that I get good use and enjoyment of that money.

MacBludgeon said:
Just been working at expanding my cycle clobber and adding some bits for my bike builds:-

new forks, headset, bars, 3/4 bib tights, SS jersey, wind/showerproof, shoes, Arkel Tail Rider rack pack.

£340 just like that and my 'still to get' list is a heck of a lot longer than the 'just got' list above:ohmy:

I'm going to end up at the cycling equivalent of AA at this rate

£340 that is not that much mickle and I can spend way more then that just on pimping a bike:blush:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
£340, your not trying hard enough. If you really wanted to you could do much better than that.:sad:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Ianrauk and Paulus, I'll print off your posts to show my wife, when I negotiate the spend after the fact this evening, I know I'm just asking for trouble

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
MacBludgeon said:
Ianrauk and Paulus, I'll print off your posts to show my wife, when I negotiate the spend after the fact this evening, I know I'm just asking for trouble

Use paypal, get stuff delivered to work and gradually introduce it home :sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Tell her you need to did into the household budget at least once a month to purchase various cycling paraphernalia, tools and clothing.. it's not only important to have the right tools to service your bike but to look good on your commute also. :rolleyes:

Mortiroloboy

MacBludgeon said:

I'm going to end up at the cycling equivalent of AA at this rate[/QUOTE]

<shuffles in looking around, sits down> "Hello, My name's Mac Bludgeon, and I'm a ...Cyclist"

:rolleyes::laugh:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Use paypal, get stuff delivered to work and gradually introduce it home :rolleyes:

like your thinking FFFF, my 'still to get list' comes to about £1200 at the moment and that doesn't include my potential for impulse purchases. That alone added £63 to todays bill.

I should have been looking at break even, spend v savings, around the end of 2009, I'm now pretty sure I'll never live long enough to see break even:biggrin:

Top Bottom