Oh no! I can't watch this!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
A water logged pigeon is perched on the fence, possibly hurt. It's allowing me to go right up to it without moving. I was thinking of grabbing it ... but what would I do with it??

It's mate is around watching but ..... guess what is lurking and stalking and getting ready for the pounce. ;) :sad:

I've tried to shoo the cat off but it keeps coming back.

I can't believe next doors are just pratting around in the kitchen watching the scene! :thumbsup:

It's not a fair fight (ok, ok they're rats with wings but even so). :smile:

Wring its neck quickly and put it out of its misery. ;)

Probably the best thing for it! :sad:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

fossyant said:
Got that super soaker yet...... Pigeon can't be well if waterlogged - is it raining there......?

Yes, been p*ssing down most of the day.

It is still there but has flied, in a haphazard way, onto the bird table.

Poor little thing.

Super soaker not delivered yet. Have used the hose but the thing keeps coming back! ;)

I'm off to be the look out!

puddleglum

Poor thing sounds seriously injured. The thing with birds is they either recover very quickly, or not at all. It might be kinder to do as Dayvo suggests.
Either that or take it to the nearest vet. They never charge for wild animals.
But that could be prolonging the suffering.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

No no no!!!

Cat 0 Bird 1

I sprayed the cat away from it and next door's have called her in.

The bird has sat there for a while, had a bit of scoff and gone on it's way into the conifers.

It lives to see another day (I hope).

:sad: :thumbsup: :smile:

I'm such a suck! ;)

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

We often get injured pigeons in our back garden. For some reason they like to dive-bomb into our windows.

Never had that happen. But my mom and dad do, quite often ;) Is it a suicide mission?

puddleglum

snapper_37 said:
No no no!!!

Cat 0 Bird 1

I sprayed the cat away from it and next door's have called her in.

The bird has sat there for a while, had a bit of scoff and gone on it's way into the conifers.

It lives to see another day (I hope).

:sad: :thumbsup: :smile:

I'm such a suck! ;)

nice one :smile:
sounds like I was being a bit previous with my first post.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

HLaB said:
Inside my parents the dining room is separated from the hall by a wooden frame with large glass panels. Most people avoid it but one of my mum's friends has walked into it a number of times.

Get some stickers on then.

I walked (well ran) into a patio door in Rhodes once. Luckily it was safety glass and I was p*ssed anyway. My friend was so caring and nice... she took some photos ;)

snapper_37 said:
Get some stickers on then.

I walked (well ran) into a patio door in Rhodes once. Luckily it was safety glass and I was p*ssed anyway. My friend was so caring and nice... she took some photos ;)
No need for stickers the big wooden frame gives it away, she had a couple of gins one time but she's been sober enough the other times.:sad:

Top Bottom