Oh no, my worst nightmare....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyingfox

...yesterday morning I got up and went to the bathroom to be confronted by a HUGE spider. Being an arachnophobe and to cut a long story short I killed the thing. I left it where I killed it and it was still dead this morning, I intended to vacuum it up tonight - but horror of horrors it had gone when I got home :biggrin::ohmy: Now I can't sleep thinking it is roaming around the flat or even worse I have a bigger creature in my flat eating dead spiders, what do I do??

anyone else about that might have cleared it up for you?
got any cats or anything like that?

could be that its crawled off to die somewhere

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I would have done the same thing FF. Hate the things! *shudder* :biggrin:
Except I would have disposed of the corpse... leaving it is just slack. Maybe Abitrary is right or you didn't finish the job off... :biggrin:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Rhythm Thief said:
I'll never understand why people are scared of spiders. Certainly don't kill them, they don't do any harm.

Fears are fears RT. I don't understand why some people are scared of baked beans - but they are :biggrin:

FF - why don't you get yourself a humane spider catcher? They are good.

Pint glass over spider. Cardboard under pint glass. Pick up glass with spider in, open door, toss outside.

I HATE spiders, specially those big hairy-legged ones, but this is how to remove them. I COULDN'T touch one of those big beasts with my bare hand *shudder* but this method is fine.

redjedi

Über Member
I used to really hate spiders, but my last flat was near a canal and trees so lot's of bugs meant lots of spiders.

I got used to them eventually and they helped to keep the bugs under control.

I let them be as long as they stayed away from my bed

OP
OP
Flyingfox

Flyingfox

Rhythm Thief said:
I'll never understand why people are scared of spiders. Certainly don't kill them, they don't do any harm.

Sorry but spiders are really scary, and should know better than to not enter my flat if they don't want to die.

I lived in Oz for 12 years and I used to get the GIGANTIC Huntsman spiders in my flat. Luckily the Australians produce some really lethal bug killer sprays that used to do the job :smile:

Funny though I don't mind mice and snakes and would never dream of laying a mousetrap that killed.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
i was a zoo keeper and one day in the reptile house the tarantula had shed her skin and i went to remove it-put my hand into the tank and picked it up, only she was not in her plantpot as usual with the skin in the tank-but the other way round:ohmy:
I was up a ladder as it was the only way to reach-ended up falling off the ladder in my fright and was lying on the floor crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took a while to live that one down!!;)

Maz

Guru
Flyingfox said:
...yesterday morning I got up and went to the bathroom to be confronted by a HUGE spider. Being an arachnophobe and to cut a long story short I killed the thing. I left it where I killed it and it was still dead this morning, I intended to vacuum it up tonight - but horror of horrors it had gone when I got home ;):ohmy: Now I can't sleep thinking it is roaming around the flat or even worse I have a bigger creature in my flat eating dead spiders, what do I do??
And you're asking for advice...on the Web?! Spooky! :biggrin::ohmy:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Flyingfox said:
I lived in Oz for 12 years and I used to get the GIGANTIC Huntsman spiders in my flat.
Clive James in his memoirs describes how a expat Englishwoman was discovered to have an outside 'dunny' absolutely infested with these vicious and extremely poisonous spiders - real one bite and you die jobbies. For years she'd been going out with a fly swat and casually whacking them away as they hurled themselves at her...

Morrisette said:
Pint glass over spider. Cardboard under pint glass. Pick up glass with spider in, open door, toss outside (But don't forget to keep hold of the glass:laugh:).

I HATE spiders, specially those big hairy-legged ones, but this is how to remove them. I COULDN'T touch one of those big beasts with my bare hand *shudder* but this method is fine.
Corrected.

Top Bottom